Director of Irwin Club - Athletics
Job no: 492638
Work type: EAP - Executive, Administrative, Professional
Required Qualifications and Education:
- Bachelor's degree plus a minimum of 2 years of experience in intercollegiate athletics fundraising, marketing or equivalent experience.
- The candidate must demonstrate strong communication, organizational, interpersonal and presentation skills.
- Supervisory experience with annual giving personnel.
Preferred Qualifications and Education:
- Experience working with annual fund solicitation and donor benefits program.
- Familiarity with annual fundraising/giving best practices and experience with implementation of annual giving campaigns.
- Demonstrated experience in facilitating leadership annual fund gifts
- Working knowledge of tax laws affecting charitable giving
Responsibilities – Essential Functions:
- Manage the strategic planning, organization and oversight of GVSU Athletics annual giving development efforts (Irwin Club). Including annual fund(s), student Irwin Club, customer service, donor relations, gift processing management, area operations and procedures, fiscal management, budget planning, Irwin Club events and other Irwin Club and athletics related services and functions as directed.
- Provide leadership, administrative support, and supervision for all GVSU Irwin Club event committees and varsity alumni associations.
- Provide input and leadership for all Irwin Club activities and initiatives while ensuring an integrated approach to the overall athletics operations and communications in line with the department's championship culture.
- Provide oversight, consultation and support to and for coaches as it relates to sport specific fundraising initiatives.
- Liaison with university development office to include, but not limited to, relationship building, on-going communications, collaborative initiatives, alignment of annual fund processes with university processes.
- Perform duties as a trustworthy steward of all resources and the reputation of Grand Valley State University.
- Build quality relationships; work collaboratively and professionally with Athletics, Irwin Club and University staff, students and all constituencies and stakeholders.
- Manage donor data and analysis for planning.
- Developing marketing, social media, promotional and advertising plans for designated sports fundraising efforts: includes but not limited to, email marketing, marketing analytics, retargeting, geo-targeting.
- Travel is required.
Salary: Commensurate with experience and qualifications
Application Deadline Date: Application review will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.
How To Apply: Apply at jobs.gvsu.edu and click “Apply now”. Include a letter of interest and resume. The online system will allow you to attach these documents electronically. On the application, you will be required to provide names, phone numbers, and e-mail addresses for three professional references. If you need assistance or have questions, call Human Resources at 616-331-2215.
Advertised: Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend