Assistant Professor - Writing
Job no: 492650
Work type: FAC - Tenure Track Faculty
Categories: College of Liberal Arts & Sciences
Required Qualifications and Education:
- Ph.D. in Rhetoric and Composition, Writing, English, or closely related field is required by time of employment.
- ABD will be considered with a Ph.D. completed by August 2018.
- Candidates need expertise and experience in teaching and researching college writing, including a proven scholarly agenda that focuses on first-year writing and/or academic writing.
Preferred Qualifications and Education:
- The successful candidate will teach a combination of first-year writing and courses in the Writing major and may have the opportunity to develop new academic writing courses.
- We encourage candidates to indicate further preparation or expertise in other areas of our dynamic, modular curriculum by reviewing the department website (www.gvsu.edu/writing) for details about our curriculum and the range of writing courses offered.
Responsibilities – Essential Functions:
- The typical full-time teaching load is three courses per semester.
- All candidates will have the responsibility to perform up to department and university expectations in the areas of teaching, scholarly/creative activity, and service.
Salary: The salary is competitive and commensurate with qualifications. The position includes health and retirement benefits.
Department/Division: Department of Writing /College of Liberal Arts & Sciences
Campus: Allendale, Pew, and/or Muskegon
Application Deadline Date: Review of applications will begin November 9, 2017 and the position will remain open until filled. We plan to conduct online interviews with selected candidates and then bring finalists to campus.
How to Apply: Include CV, a cover letter addressed to Professor Christopher Toth, a statement of teaching philosophy, and a list of at least three references with contact information. The online application system will allow you to attach these documents electronically. If you need assistance, call Human Resources at 616-331-2215. Women, racial and ethnic minorities, individuals with disabilities, and veterans are encouraged to apply. Apply online at jobs.gvsu.edu.
Advertised: Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend