Brooks College of Interdisciplinary Studies Assistant - Brooks College of Interdisciplinary Studies
Job no: 492659
Work type: PSS - Professional Support Staff
Categories: Brooks College of Interdisciplinary Studies
- High school graduate.
- Minimum of four years of experience in a position which required demonstration of administrative and organizational skills. Related college course work/degree may be considered in lieu of some of the experience requirement.
- Demonstrated experience to successfully work under pressure and meet deadlines.
- Demonstrated experience to successfully maintain positive interpersonal relationships.
- Demonstrated experience to successfully provide quality customer service.
- Demonstrated experience to successfully maintain satisfactory work performance and attendance records.
- Possess strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated experience to successfully use a variety of computer software applications.
- Demonstrated experience to successfully work independently, organize own work and coordinate work activities of others.
- Demonstrated experience to successfully coordinate large projects.
- Demonstrated experience to successfully handle multiple demands efficiently.
- Demonstrated experience to successfully organize and prioritize workload.
- Demonstrated experience to successfully handle differing situations and problems in the work routine by exercising judgment.
- Bachelor’s degree
- Higher education experience
- Supervisory experience
- Web design or content management system experience.
- Marketing experience.
Coordinates a variety of duties for a department/office/division in which discretion and/or judgment concerning the procedures to use or policies to follow is required.
- Provide support to the Dean and Associate Dean by assisting with academic and service programs within the college.
- Manage/maintain the Dean’s and Associate Dean’s calendars.
- Ensure smooth coordination/completion of high-quality clerical work for the department/office, which includes serving as liaison between the Dean’s office and the university.
- Organize and implement processes for unit heads, program coordinators, and directors related to their annual performance reviews and appointments and reappointments.
- Assist with the Brooks College strategic planning process, assessments, accreditation, and related reports.
- Assist with marketing and promoting Brooks College programs and events, including managing the website and social media platforms, communicating with internal and external audiences via the Annual Report, monthly newsletter, and other College communications.
- Hire, train and supervise student employees; maintain appropriate records; process timecards, plan student wages budget; mentor students and complete student learner contracts.
- Schedule, plan and facilitate high-profile events, meetings, conferences, exhibits, travel, and other related duties for both internal and external contacts.
- Serve as coordinator for alumni outreach for the College.
- Recruit/coordinate faculty and staff to represent the college and university at various events.
- Manage College nomination process for faculty and staff awards.
- Process travel and expense forms, key requests, requisitions, IDCs, I-9s, and other university forms for Brooks College.
- Receive information in various forms and determine the appropriate method of processing and routing; disseminate information that may require explanation and interpretation of university and departmental policies and procedures, and direct individuals to sources of additional information.
- Manage Brooks College Blackboard sites and Brooks College email account.
- Oversee purchasing card and reconcile statements for Brooks College.
- Assist with clerical duties associated with staff searches; coordinate new employee processing.
- Provide clerical support for various Brooks College committees, including emailing members, coordinating room reservations, assisting with AV equipment and taking minutes.
- Compile and format statistical data and reports; create, maintain and update files and record keeping systems; paper and/or computerized; create and maintain database systems.
- Generate reports, memorandums, correspondence, presentation materials spreadsheets and graphics, and other similar materials using computer systems.
- Provide information/reporting to executive branches as requested.
- Serve as backup support when other PSSs within the college are out of the office.
- Complete other duties as assigned.
Receives general instruction from a designated supervisor but is generally expected to work independently.
Hire, train, supervise, schedule and coordinate the work of student employees and may act as lead worker to other PSS staff members within the department/unit/division.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential function satisfactorily. Must have the physical stamina to work long hours and/or more than 5 days per week. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The information contained in this job description is for compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act (A.D.A) and is not an exhaustive list of the duties performed for this position. Additional duties are performed by the individuals currently holding this position and additional duties may be assigned.
Job Classification/Range: C4 Level. Minimum starting wage of $18.59.
Application Deadline: September 22, 2017
How to Apply: Apply online at jobs.gvsu.edu and select "Apply now". Please include a cover letter and resume. The online application will allow you to attach these documents electronically. On the application, you will be required to provide names, phone numbers, and e-mail addresses for three professional references. If you need assistance, call Human Resources at 616-331-2215.
Advertised: Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend