Project Coordinator - Pew Faculty Teaching & Learning Center
Job no: 492700
Work type: EAP - Executive, Administrative, Professional
Categories: Faculty Teaching and Learning Center
Provide project management and coordination support to the Director and the staff of the Robert and Mary Pew Faculty Teaching and Learning Center. Support and contribute to a dynamic portfolio of faculty professional development programs, including consultations, workshops, orientation sessions, and mentoring programs. Skill levels should demonstrate the ability to understand database information systems and display an aptitude to use report writing and data visualization tools. Attention to detail is valued as the individual will work on a varied portfolio of projects, manage program logistics, maintain website content, and prepare reports. This position reports to the Vice Provost for Instructional Development and Innovation.
Required Qualifications and Education:
- Bachelor’s degree
- Professional experience in higher education
- Excellent communication, organizational, and analytical skills
- Experience planning and executing collaborative initiatives
- Ability to manage and execute multiple projects simultaneously
- Ability to work independently to organize and prioritize workload
- Ability to participate in cross-functional groups and maintain positive interpersonal relationships
- Experience with website content production, design, and layout
- Demonstrated ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality
- Demonstrated experience to successfully use a variety of computer software applications (e.g. Excel, CMS, Microsoft Publisher, Adobe Acrobat, social media, collaborative project management software)
Preferred Qualifications and Education:
- Master’s degree
- Demonstrated knowledge of and experience with teaching and learning issues in higher education
- Demonstrated experience with faculty professional development
Responsibilities – Essential Functions:
- Assist with planning and executing programming and services of the Center.
- Implement ongoing mentoring and orientation programs.
- Collaborate with the Director on marketing, assessment and strategic planning activities.
- Design and manage the Center’s website and social media presence.
- Assist in the supervision of student workers.
- Maintain, process and present Center activity data using database and spreadsheet applications.
- Support the Director and other staff in program development, implementation, and reporting.
- Serve as liaison to faculty facilitating Center programs, locating and disseminating appropriate teaching and learning resources.
- Serve as liaison to Institutional Marketing and University Communications.
- Other duties as assigned.
Salary: Commensurate with experience.
Department/Division: Robert and Mary Pew Faculty Teaching and Learning Center, Office of the Provost, Academic and Student Affairs Division
Campus: Office is located in Allendale, however, part of the assignment includes travel to other Grand Valley campuses and throughout the west Michigan area.
Application Deadline Date: Review of applications will begin November 12 and continue until the position is filled.
How to Apply: Apply online at jobs.gvsu.edu and select “Apply now”. Include a cover letter, resume, and the names and contact information for three references. The online application system will allow you to attach these documents electronically. If you have need assistance or have questions, call Human Resources at 616-331-2215.
Advertised: Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend