Higher Education (Assistant Professor) - College of Education
Job no: 492702
Work type: FAC - Tenure Track Faculty
Location: Grand Rapids
Categories: College of Education
- Applicants must have a Ph.D. or Ed.D. in Higher Education, Student Affairs, or a closely related field. ABD candidates will be considered; doctoral degree must be completed by August 31, 2018.
- Ability and willingness to teach courses and to supervise research activities for master’s level students.
- Demonstrated competence in university teaching, preferably having developed innovative instructional strategies for diverse student populations.
- Demonstrated commitment to pursuing scholarly activities such as research, publication, writing, and professional presentations.
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated commitment though teaching, research and/or service that values equity, inclusion, and social justice
- Active engagement in professional organizations
- Demonstrated interest in collaboration and engagement with diverse students, staff, faculty, and the university community
- Experience working to advance student learning, development, and success in higher education settings
- Willingness to teach using multiple modes of instruction, including online, blended and distance learning technologies as well as deliver courses on weekends, or other non-traditional times
- Teach graduate courses in the M.Ed. Higher Education program which has two emphasis areas: Adult and Higher Education and College Student Affairs Leadership
- Prepare graduate students to assume professional positions in higher education and meet the needs of diverse student populations
- Work with traditional and non-traditional student populations
- Foster and support inclusive practices among our students, faculty, and community
- Advise graduate students in the College of Education
- Pursue scholarly activities such as research, publication, writing, and professional presentations
- Assist with recruitment and selection of prospective graduate students.
- Provide service to the unit, university, profession, and community.
DEPARTMENT/DIVISION: Educational Leadership & Counseling, College of Education/Academic & Student Affairs
SALARY: Competitive with comprehensive benefits package
EMPLOYMENT DATE: August 2018
CLOSING DATE: Review of applicants will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.
HOW TO APPLY: Apply online at jobs.gvsu.edu and click “Apply now”. Include a cover letter addressing qualifications, curriculum vitae, the names of three references with contact information, and a copy of transcripts. The online application system will allow candidates to electronically attach these documents. If you need assistance or have questions, call Human Resources at (616) 331-2215. Additional information about GVSU is available on our website at www.gvsu.edu.
Advertised: Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend