Executive Assistant (Confidential) - Office of the President
Job no: 492758
Work type: PSS - Confidential Professional Support Staff
Responsibilities – Essential Functions:
- Provide confidential executive assistant support to the Director of Special Events – Office of the President including assignments and projects requiring analytical, organizational, communication, and problem solving skills.
- Represent the Office of the President to internal and external communities in person, in writing, by greeting visitors, and answering telephone and email. Includes the ability to provide information and route calls or inquiries to the appropriate person.
- Provide support for events which includes managing RSVPs, tracking event expenses, generating name tags, updating event schedule, communications as needed, and any other tasks needed for a successful event.
- Provide support for the Fall Arts Celebration events.
- Support Office of the President staff at on- and off-campus events. Will require hours outside of regular work hours.
- Develop, maintain, and monitor various databases.
- Provide backup support for the front desk.
- Prepare and process travel and expense reports.
- Responsible for records retention and managing archive materials.
- Track, maintain, and reconcile purchasing card transactions.
- Provide backup support for other staff within the Office of the President for tasks, projects, vacation, etc.
- Track all event expenditures - Fall Arts Celebration, board meetings, etc.
- Supervise, hire, and train student employees.
- Provides technical support for staff in the Office of the President such as ordering equipment, learning the latest software and teaching others, and answering questions.
- Other related duties and activities as assigned.
Required Qualifications and Education:
- High School degree
- Minimum of three years related work experience and/or relevant training.
- Display strong work ethic, understand need for confidentiality and professional demeanor, and embrace team work and have experience in providing high-quality customer service.
- Demonstrate excellent executive assistant skills including the ability to maintain positive intercultural and interpersonal relationships and understand the organizational structure and function.
- Must be well organized and be able to adapt to changing needs in a fast-paced environment and sometimes work under pressure, proactively and efficiently.
- Must have strong ability to analyze data.
- Must have a high degree of accuracy.
- Experience in successfully developing and maintaining databases, and use various computer software application including Excel and Access.
- Possess strong verbal and written communication skills including excellent grammar, writing, and proofreading skills.
- Experience in working independently and collaboratively, organizing work, and coordinating work of others.
- Experience maintaining satisfactory work performance and attendance record.
Preferred Qualifications and Education:
- Bachelor’s degree.
- Prior executive assistant experience.
- Prior experience working in a higher education environment.
Salary: Commensurate with Experience
Application Deadline Date: January 20, 2018
How to Apply: Apply online at jobs.gvsu.edu . Include a cover letter and resume. The online system will allow you to attach these documents electronically. If you have questions or need assistance, call Human Resources at 616-331-2215.
Advertised: Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend