Business Growth Consultant - MI SBDC Lead Center
Job no: 492777
Work type: EAP - Executive, Administrative, Professional
Location: Works Remotely
Categories: Seidman College of Business
Required Qualifications and Education:
- Bachelor’s degree with concentration in business or related field
- 5 years of business leadership, management, or consulting experience
Preferred Qualifications and Education:
- MBA or equivalent
- Prior consulting experience with second stage companies
- Demonstrated knowledge of the industries driving the Michigan economy
- Strong communication skills
- C-Level experience in a second stage company preferred
- Strong preference will be given to candidates with expertise in Marketing or Human Resources and Organization Development for the current open positions
Responsibilities – Essential Functions:
- Help second stage business clients grow and improve operations through one-on-one and team business consulting. Areas of assistance may include strategic planning, process improvement, financial analysis, loan preparation, market diversification, exporting, supply chain management, human resources, and other areas of need as identified. Strong preference will be given to candidates with expertise in Marketing or Human Resources and Organization Development for the current open position.
- Build and maintain substantial portfolio of high potential clients.
- Stay abreast of federal, state, and regional economic development initiatives and support programs. Help client best utilize these programs as well as strategic private sector partners.
- Represent the SBDC and support initiation, growth, and maintenance of stakeholder relationships.
- Maintain documentation as required by the SBDC and its funding sources.
- Stay abreast of full SBDC network initiatives and programming and collaborate with management and staff to advance the program and serve clients.
- Facilitate business workshops on topics relevant to client base.
- Business Growth Consultant will work remotely and travel regularly throughout the state.
Responsibilities – Non-essential Functions
- Facilitate student projects and/or internships
- Facilitate workshops for SBDC peers
Salary: Commensurate with experience.
Campus: Position will work remotely. Extensive in-state travel required
How To Apply: Online at jobs.gvsu.edu. Attach a cover letter, resume, and an unofficial transcript. Applicants with diverse backgrounds are encouraged to apply.
Application Deadline Date: February 27, 2018
Grand Valley State University is guided by values for inclusiveness and community which are integral to our mission to educate students to shape their lives, their professions, and their societies, and to enrich the community through excellent teaching, active scholarship, and public service. The University is an affirmative action, equal opportunity institution. It encourages diversity and provides equal opportunity in education, employment, all of its programs, and the use of its facilities. Members of the University community, including candidates for employment or admissions, and visitors or guests have the right to be free from acts of harassment and discrimination, including sexual misconduct, which are prohibited if they discriminate or harass on the basis of age, color, disability, familial status, height, marital status, national origin, political affiliation, race, religion, sex/gender (including gender identity and expression), sexual orientation, veteran or active duty military status or weight. The University will provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. See www.gvsu.edu/affirmative/. [Include the following for job advertisements:] TDD Callers: Call Michigan Relay Center 1-800-649-3777.
Advertised: Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend