Technology Business Consultant - MI SBDC Lead Center
Job no: 492783
Work type: EAP - Executive, Administrative, Professional
Location: Works Remotely
Categories: Seidman College of Business
Required Qualifications and Education:
- Bachelor’s degree with concentration in business or related field
- 5 years of business experience
- 3 years of experience in a technology related field
Preferred Qualifications and Education:
- MBA or equivalent
- Entrepreneurial experience
- Prior consulting experience (particularly through an SBDC program or Michigan technology commercialization initiative) with early stage technology companies
- Demonstrated knowledge of the industries driving the Michigan economy
- Strong communication skills
- Management experience in a technology based company
- Strong preference will be given to candidates with C-Level experience in a successful software/IT/Internet/SaaS Company for the current open position
Responsibilities – Essential Functions:
- Help technology based business clients become successful through one-on-one and team business consulting in areas including commercialization and growth strategies, financing, management, and networking.
- Build and maintain substantial portfolio of high potential clients.
- Stay abreast of federal, state, and regional economic development initiatives and support programs. Help client best utilize these programs as well as strategic private sector partners.
- Represent the SBDC and support initiation, growth, and maintenance of stakeholder relationships.
- Maintain documentation as required by the SBDC and its funding sources
- Stay abreast of full SBDC network initiatives and programming and collaborate with management and staff to advance the program and serve clients.
Responsibilities – Non-essential Functions
- Facilitate student projects and/or internships
- Strategic planning with stakeholders or partners
- Facilitate business workshops on topics relevant to client base
Salary: Commensurate with experience
Department/Division: MI-SBDC/Academic & Student Affairs
Campus: Robert C. Pew Grand Rapids Campus (Statewide position. Works remotely and travel is required.)
Application Deadline Date: February 27, 2018
How To Apply: Apply online at jobs.gvsu.edu and select "Apply now". Please include a cover letter, resume, and an unofficial transcript. On the application you will be required to provide names, phone numbers, and e-mail addresses for three professional references. The online application will allow you to attach these documents electronically. Applicants with diverse backgrounds are encouraged to apply. If you need assistance, call Human Resources at 616-331-2215.
Grand Valley State University is guided by values for inclusiveness and community which are integral to our mission to educate students to shape their lives, their professions, and their societies, and to enrich the community through excellent teaching, active scholarship, and public service. The University is an affirmative action, equal opportunity institution. It encourages diversity and provides equal opportunity in education, employment, all of its programs, and the use of its facilities. Members of the University community, including candidates for employment or admissions, and visitors or guests have the right to be free from acts of harassment and discrimination, including sexual misconduct, which are prohibited if they discriminate or harass on the basis of age, color, disability, familial status, height, marital status, national origin, political affiliation, race, religion, sex/gender (including gender identity and expression), sexual orientation, veteran or active duty military status or weight. The University will provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. See www.gvsu.edu/affirmative/. [Include the following for job advertisements:] TDD Callers: Call Michigan Relay Center 1-800-649-3777.
Advertised: Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend