Academic Department Coordinator - School of Computing Information Systems
Job no: 492854
Work type: PSS - Professional Support Staff
Categories: Padnos College of Engineering & Computing
Coordinates a variety of duties for a department/office in which discretion and judgment concerning the procedures to use or policies to follow is required.
- Responsible for the coordination and the quality of the clerical work for the School office which includes answering telephones, providing information, or routing calls to appropriate person; open and route incoming mail and prepare outgoing mail and bulk mailings; typing memos and other correspondence; maintain office filing system.
- Responsible for creating, maintaining and updating filing information, record keeping systems; paper and/or computer.
- Compiles and logically formats statistical data and reports.
- Disseminates information that may require explanation and interpretation of established university and School policies and procedures, and directs individuals to sources of additional information.
- Monitor departmental budget reports, and reconciles the reports with the School’s records.
- Generates reports, memorandums, correspondence, presentation materials, brochures, spreadsheets and graphics, and other similar materials.
- Supervise student employees and may act as lead worker for other PSS.
- Coordinate all clerical duties associated with staff searches.
- Coordinate/monitor grade processing.
- Responsible for ordering office supplies; processing various university forms.
- Process student employee payroll/Ultratime and maintain appropriate records monitoring available dollars.
- Maintain/schedule for orientation/advising/special projects/programs/events for departments.
- Acts as liaison between School Director, faculty, staff, students and outside organizations.
- Performs and coordinates scheduling tasks and support services associated with preparing and making arrangements for major meetings, conferences, exhibits, travel, or other related duties for both internal and external contacts.
- Make travel arrangements for faculty
- Assist in academic scheduling of courses, classrooms, times, and faculty.
- Manage/maintain supervisor’s schedule.
- Other related duties as assigned.
- Textbook orders for faculty.
- Coordinate student evaluation process for faculty.
- Maintain unit intranet files and data storage.
- Maintain syllabi records.
- Assist with program secondary admission.
- High School graduate.
- Minimum of three years of related work experience and/or relevant training.
- Demonstrated experience to successfully work under pressure and meet deadlines.
- Demonstrated experience to successfully maintain positive intercultural and interpersonal relationships.
- Demonstrated experience to successfully operate office equipment.
- Demonstrated experience to successfully provide quality customer service.
- Demonstrated experience to successfully maintain satisfactory work performance and attendance records.
- Possess strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Typing and spelling competency.
- Demonstrated experience working with databases.
- Demonstrated experience to successfully use various computer software applications.
- Demonstrated experience to successfully work independently, organize own work and coordinate work activities of others.
- Excellent grammar and proofreading skills.
- Bachelor’s degree.
- Experience in higher education.
- Experience working with online database and filing systems.
- Supervisory experience preferred.
- Receives supervision and work assignments from a designated supervisor, although other staff members in the unit may provide work direction.
- Hire, train, supervise, schedule and coordinate the work of student employees and may act as lead worker to other PSS staff members within the School.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential function satisfactorily. Must have the physical stamina to work long hours and/or more than 5 days per week. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The information contained in this job description is for compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act (A.D.A) and is not an exhaustive list of the duties performed for this position. Additional duties are performed by the individuals currently holding this position and additional duties may be assigned.
Job Classification/Range: C3 Level. Minimum starting wage of $16.79
Job Category: Professional Support Staff
Job Type: Full Time
Application Deadline: May 25, 2018
How to Apply: Apply online at jobs.gvsu.edu and select "Apply now". Please include a cover letter and resume. The online application will allow you to attach these documents electronically. If you need assistance, call Human Resources at 616-331-2215.
Grand Valley State University is guided by values for inclusiveness and community which are integral to our mission to educate students to shape their lives, their professions, and their societies, and to enrich the community through excellent teaching, active scholarship, and public service. The University is an affirmative action, equal opportunity institution. It encourages diversity and provides equal opportunity in education, employment, all of its programs, and the use of its facilities. Members of the University community, including candidates for employment or admissions, and visitors or guests have the right to be free from acts of harassment and discrimination, including sexual misconduct, which are prohibited if they discriminate or harass on the basis of age, color, disability, familial status, height, marital status, national origin, political affiliation, race, religion, sex/gender (including gender identity and expression), sexual orientation, veteran or active duty military status or weight. The University will provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. See www.gvsu.edu/affirmative/. [Include the following for job advertisements:] TDD Callers: Call Michigan Relay Center 1-800-649-3777.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Must have the physical stamina to work long hours and/or more than 5 days per week. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The information contained in this job description is for compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act as amended by the ADA Amendment Act (2008), Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, and other applicable federal and state laws that prohibit discrimination on the basis of disability. GVSU will provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities upon request.
Advertised: Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend