Director Executive Education Programs - Seidman College of Business
Job no: 492869
Work type: EAP - Executive, Administrative, Professional
Location: Grand Rapids
Categories: Seidman College of Business
Required Qualifications and Education:
- Master’s degree in business or related area
- 5-7 years of experience with increasing responsibility including budgeting and program management
- Demonstrated skill in developing client relationships
- Demonstrated experience with managing individuals and teams
- This position requires a flexible work schedule to include most Saturdays and occasional travel outside of West Michigan.
Preferred Qualifications and Education:
- MBA preferred
- Higher education experience preferred
Responsibilities – Essential Functions:
- Maintain and strengthen strategic relationships with community and business partners as it relates to graduate education at Seidman. Provide input from these stakeholder groups to inform curriculum changes and/or program additions.
- Promote all Seidman graduate programs, both current (e.g. EMBA, MBA, and customized post-baccalaureate offerings) and future, in response to talent development needs of area businesses, and ensure that enrollment targets are met while maintaining program quality.
- Plan, manage and implement the EMBA and specialized/customized post-baccalaureate programs. Among these responsibilities are: identifying faculty for program delivery, coordinating faculty and staff in the delivery of content, developing and managing a budget, and ensuring excellent customer service.
- Ensure continuous improvement of programs and adherence to AACSB accreditation standards in collaboration with the Seidman Academic Director for Graduate Programs. This includes implementing outcome assessment protocols, reporting on findings, and recommending improvements.
- Work collaboratively with Seidman administration in areas of enrollment management, scheduling, advising and refinement of policies and procedures.
Responsibilities – Non-Essential Functions:
- Teach in programs where skills and expertise align with curriculum
Salary: Commensurate with experience
Department/Division: Seidman College of Business
Campus: Pew Campus
Application Deadline Date: June 29, 2018
How To Apply: Apply online at jobs.gvsu.edu and select "Apply now". A cover letter, resume, transcripts are required. The online application will allow you to attach these documents electronically. On the application, you will be required to provide names, phone numbers, and e-mail addresses for three professional references. If you have questions or need assistance, call Human Resources at 616-331-2215.
Grand Valley State University is guided by values for inclusiveness and community which are integral to our mission to educate students to shape their lives, their professions, and their societies, and to enrich the community through excellent teaching, active scholarship, and public service. The University is an affirmative action, equal opportunity institution. It encourages diversity and provides equal opportunity in education, employment, all of its programs, and the use of its facilities. Members of the University community, including candidates for employment or admissions, and visitors or guests have the right to be free from acts of harassment and discrimination, including sexual misconduct, which are prohibited if they discriminate or harass on the basis of age, color, disability, familial status, height, marital status, national origin, political affiliation, race, religion, sex/gender (including gender identity and expression), sexual orientation, veteran or active duty military status or weight. The University will provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. See www.gvsu.edu/affirmative/. [Include the following for job advertisements:] TDD Callers: Call Michigan Relay Center 1-800-649-3777.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Must have the physical stamina to work long hours and/or more than 5 days per week. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The information contained in this job description is for compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act as amended by the ADA Amendment Act (2008), Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, and other applicable federal and state laws that prohibit discrimination on the basis of disability. GVSU will provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities upon request.
Advertised: Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend