Adjunct Counselor - University Counseling Center
Job no: 492906
Work type: EAP - 12-Month Adjunct AP (Administrative Professional)
Categories: Student Services
Full-time, 1 year post-fellowship, health and life benefits. Supervision toward licensure included. Hours: 9:00-6:00, with occasional after-hours crisis coverage and outreach presentations.
Required Qualifications and Education:
- Completion of a MSW (CSWE-accredited program), MA in clinical or counseling, or a Ph.D./Psy.D. in clinical or counseling psychology (APA-accredited academic program preferred) degree or equivalent
- Limited license eligible in the state of Michigan
- Experience providing individual therapy in a clinical setting
Preferred Qualifications and Education:
- One year of experience in a clinical setting providing individual and group therapy
- Experience in a college/university counseling center
- Experience providing service to diverse student populations (e.g., students of color, LGBTstudents, international students, veterans, and students with disabilities)
- Experience providing crisis intervention
- Experience providing outreach and consultation
- Experience working as part of an inter-disciplinary staff
Responsibilities – Essential Functions:
- Provide culturally sensitive individual, group, and crisis counseling over a broad range of difficulties and diagnoses, including
- Provide consultation and outreach activities to the University community
- Provide training to clinical interns and practicum students
- Participate in Student Services activities pertinent to student well-being
- Other responsibilities as assigned by the Director
- Crisis intervention management, including afterhours on-call coverage for the on-campus population
Salary: Commensurate with qualifications and experience. There is an excellent fringe benefits package.
University Counseling Center (UCC)/Division of Student Affairs; Allendale Campus with the possibility of providing services at the Grand Rapids Pew Campus. The UCC is IACS accredited and hosts an APA-accredited doctoral internship. The Center is well integrated within the University and has a strong, collegial, and growing staff who are invested in training and working collaboratively to ensure quality delivery of services. For additional information about the UCC, visit http: www.gvsu.edu/counsel
Application Deadline Date: Application review will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.
Starting Date: Preferred start date of August 20, 2018.
How to Apply:
Apply online at jobs.gvsu.edu and select "Apply now". Please include a cover letter and vita. The online application will allow you to attach these documents electronically. On the application, you will be required to provide names, phone numbers, and e-mail addresses for three professional references. If you have questions or need assistance, call Human Resources at 616-331-2215.
Grand Valley State University is guided by values for inclusiveness and community which are integral to our mission to educate students to shape their lives, their professions, and their societies, and to enrich the community through excellent teaching, active scholarship, and public service. The University is an affirmative action, equal opportunity institution. It encourages diversity and provides equal opportunity in education, employment, all of its programs, and the use of its facilities. Members of the University community, including candidates for employment or admissions, and visitors or guests have the right to be free from acts of harassment and discrimination, including sexual misconduct, which are prohibited if they discriminate or harass on the basis of age, color, disability, familial status, height, marital status, national origin, political affiliation, race, religion, sex/gender (including gender identity and expression), sexual orientation, veteran or active duty military status or weight. The University will provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. See www.gvsu.edu/affirmative/. [Include the following for job advertisements:] TDD Callers: Call Michigan Relay Center 1-800-649-3777.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Must have the physical stamina to work long hours and/or more than 5 days per week. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The information contained in this job description is for compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act as amended by the ADA Amendment Act (2008), Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, and other applicable federal and state laws that prohibit discrimination on the basis of disability. GVSU will provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities upon request.
Advertised: Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend