Assistant Track & Field Coach - Athletics
Job no: 492915
Work type: EAP - Executive, Administrative, Professional
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 3 years of competitive track and field experience (coaching and/or competing/post collegiate)
- Planning year-long training/teaching track & field technique sprints/hurdles/relays
- Strong commitment to academic achievement
- Strong knowledge of NCAA rules
- Successful commitment, knowledge and experience with the recruiting process
- Excellent communication, collaboration and organizational skills
- Master’s Degree
- Over 4 years of college track and field coaching experience
- Experience with meet management (hosting meets, Hy-Tek, Direct Athletics), travel planning, camp/clinic oversight and fundraising
- Report to Head Coach of Track & Field and assist with all phases of the program
- Duties include:
- Practice oversite of sprint, hurdle, relays
- Recruiting of all aspects of event group
- Home meet management
- Travel planning/coordination
- Academic oversight
- Assist with fundraising
- Other duties assigned by head coach
- Must be able to work summers, nights and weekends
Job Classification/Range: Salary is commensurate with experience. A comprehensive benefit package is included. 12 month contract.
Application Deadline: Position open until filled.
How to Apply: Apply online at jobs.gvsu.edu and select "Apply now". Please include a cover letter and resume. The online application will allow you to attach these documents electronically. On the application, you will be required to provide names, phone numbers, and e-mail addresses for three professional references. If you need assistance, call Human Resources at 616-331-2215.
Grand Valley State University is guided by values for inclusiveness and community which are integral to our mission to educate students to shape their lives, their professions, and their societies, and to enrich the community through excellent teaching, active scholarship, and public service. The University is an affirmative action, equal opportunity institution. It encourages diversity and provides equal opportunity in education, employment, all of its programs, and the use of its facilities. Members of the University community, including candidates for employment or admissions, and visitors or guests have the right to be free from acts of harassment and discrimination, including sexual misconduct, which are prohibited if they discriminate or harass on the basis of age, color, disability, familial status, height, marital status, national origin, political affiliation, race, religion, sex/gender (including gender identity and expression), sexual orientation, veteran or active duty military status or weight. The University will provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. See www.gvsu.edu/affirmative/. [Include the following for job advertisements:] TDD Callers: Call Michigan Relay Center 1-800-649-3777.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Must have the physical stamina to work long hours and/or more than 5 days per week. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The information contained in this job description is for compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act as amended by the ADA Amendment Act (2008), Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, and other applicable federal and state laws that prohibit discrimination on the basis of disability. GVSU will provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities upon request.
Advertised: Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend