Assistant/Associate Professor - Allied Health Sciences (College of Health Professions)
Job no: 493020
Work type: FAC - Tenure Track Faculty
Location: Grand Rapids
Categories: College of Health Professions
Summary: College of Health Professions, Grand Valley State University is currently accepting applications for full-time tenure-track faculty / Program Director position, rank of Assistant/Associate Professor based upon qualifications and experience, in the Department of Allied Health Sciences, Respiratory Care program.
Required Qualifications and Education:
- Registered Respiratory Therapist (RRT);
- Master’s degree from a regionally or nationally accredited agency recognized by the U.S. Department of Education (USDE).
- A minimum of 3 years' clinical experience as a Registered Respiratory Therapist
- 2 years of teaching/leadership experience in an accredited respiratory care program; demonstrated scholarship activities; ability to integrate technology in Respiratory Therapy education; experienced with CoARC accreditation.
Preferred Qualifications and Education:
- Recent teaching experience highly preferred.
Responsibilities – Essential Functions:
- Provide coordination and professional contributions to the Program, Department, College, and University.
- Be responsible for all aspects of the admission of students into the Respiratory Care program including organization, administration, continuous review and revision, planning for and development of curriculum, programming, etc. (in collaboration with the Program partners) for evolving practice skills, and the general effectiveness of the overall clinical experience.
- Instruct assigned didactic courses and clinical labs as applicable.
- Maintain in-depth understanding in chosen field which includes participation in professional development and maintenance of valid training status per College policies.
- Attend regularly scheduled departmental, divisional & committee meetings & workshops.
- Be technologically literate, knowledgeable, and innovative in the use of a variety of modern teaching technologies including the use of computers and multi-media in lectures, laboratories, and distance learning environments.
- Maintain a positive attitude toward work, students, colleagues, and administration.
- Establish annual objectives for professional growth in consultation with the Unit Head. Participate in scheduled institutional activities as required by the faculty academic guide.
- Assist with the Unit Head in hiring both full-time and adjunct faculty, & part-time staff as needed.
- Advise new and continuing students in advisement capacity on courses and programs.
- Maintain regular office hours and be available to provide help for students.
- Assist and advise students in professional and student organizations.
- Develop and implement strategies to enhance the quality and effectiveness of courses including curriculum development and review.
- Prepare appropriate college documents such as catalog, handbook, brochures, etc.
- Actively assess program to determine effectiveness and meet all accreditation standards as defined by the Commission on Accreditation for Respiratory Care (CoARC)
- Demonstrate an ability to be creative in planning and implementation of Respiratory Care objectives.
- Manage and verify operational processes and procedures such as teaching assignments, faculty loads, class and room schedules, class changes, etc.
Responsibilities – Non-Essential Functions:
- Other responsibilities include membership on Department, College, or University shared governance committee(s) as well as other forms of community service.
Salary: Commensurate with experience.
Department/Division: Allied Health Sciences
Campus: Grand Rapids Health Campus
Application Deadline Date: Consideration of applications begins immediately and may be closed at any time at the discretion of the University.
How to Apply: Apply online at jobs.gvsu.edu and select "Apply now". Please include a cover letter and resume. The online application will allow you to attach these documents electronically. On the application, you will be required to provide names, phone numbers, and e-mail addresses for three professional references. If you have questions or need assistance, call Human Resources at 616-331-2215.
Grand Valley State University is guided by values for inclusiveness and community which are integral to our mission to educate students to shape their lives, their professions, and their societies, and to enrich the community through excellent teaching, active scholarship, and public service. The University is an affirmative action, equal opportunity institution. It encourages diversity and provides equal opportunity in education, employment, all of its programs, and the use of its facilities. Members of the University community, including candidates for employment or admissions, and visitors or guests have the right to be free from acts of harassment and discrimination, including sexual misconduct, which are prohibited if they discriminate or harass on the basis of age, color, disability, familial status, height, marital status, national origin, political affiliation, race, religion, sex/gender (including gender identity and expression), sexual orientation, veteran or active duty military status or weight. The University will provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. See www.gvsu.edu/affirmative/. TDD Callers: Call Michigan Relay Center at 711 (in State) or 1-800-833-7833 (out of State)
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Must have the physical stamina to work long hours and/or more than 5 days per week. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The information contained in this job description is for compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act as amended by the ADA Amendment Act (2008), Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, and other applicable federal and state laws that prohibit discrimination on the basis of disability. GVSU will provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities upon request.
Advertised: Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend