Visiting Professor - Political Science (College of Liberal Arts and Sciences)
Job no: 493079
Work type: FAC - Visiting Faculty - 1st Year - Academic Year
Categories: College of Liberal Arts & Sciences
The Department of Political Science at Grand Valley State University seeks a Visiting Lecturer / Assistant Professor for the 2019-2020 academic year. The successful candidate will teach introductory courses in International Relations and Human Rights, and possibly an upper division Political Theory course.
• Master’s Degree or ABD in Political Science
• Evidence of effective teaching experience at the college level.
• Evidence of effective experience in working with a diverse college student population.
• Ph.D. in Political Science
• Experience teaching undergraduate International Relations, Human Rights, and Political Theory courses.
• Teach four courses (12 credit hours) per semester in the sub-fields of International Relations and Political Theory.
• Support Grand Valley State University’s diversity commitment and student-centered vision and mission.
Salary: Commensurate with experience.
Department/Division: Political Science (College of Liberal Arts & Sciences)
Application Deadline Date: Review of applications will begin immediately and the posting may be closed at any time at the discretion of the University.
How To Apply:
Please submit the following application materials:
1. A letter of interest describing qualifications, accomplishments, and teaching philosophy
2. A curriculum vitae
3. Student evaluations and syllabi for no more than three courses
4. Unofficial graduate transcripts
5. Names and contact information of three professional references
For more information contact: Darren Walhof, Chair by email firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone at 616-331-2835.
Grand Valley State University is guided by values for inclusiveness and community which are integral to our mission to educate students to shape their lives, their professions, and their societies, and to enrich the community through excellent teaching, active scholarship, and public service. The University is an affirmative action, equal opportunity institution. It encourages diversity and provides equal opportunity in education, employment, all of its programs, and the use of its facilities. Members of the University community, including candidates for employment or admissions, and visitors or guests have the right to be free from acts of harassment and discrimination, including sexual misconduct, which are prohibited if they discriminate or harass on the basis of age, color, disability, familial status, height, marital status, national origin, political affiliation, race, religion, sex/gender (including gender identity and expression), sexual orientation, veteran or active duty military status or weight. The University will provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. See www.gvsu.edu/affirmative/. TDD Callers: Call Michigan Relay Center at 711 (in State) or 1-800-833-7833 (out of State)
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Must have the physical stamina to work long hours and/or more than 5 days per week. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The information contained in this job description is for compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act as amended by the ADA Amendment Act (2008), Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, and other applicable federal and state laws that prohibit discrimination on the basis of disability. GVSU will provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities upon request.
Advertised: Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend