Program Manager of the Cook Leadership Academy - Hauenstein
Job no: 493126
Work type: EAP - Executive, Administrative, Professional
Location: Grand Rapids
Categories: Development/Alumni Relations
Summary: The Program Manager is responsible for the management of the Peter C. Cook Leadership Academy (CLA).
Required Qualifications and Education:
- Bachelor’s degree.
- Formal training or coursework in leadership.
- One year of professional experience.
- Outstanding interpersonal and communication skills along with considerable interaction with the public.
Preferred Qualifications and Education:
- Master’s Degree.
- Coursework in political science, public administration, student affairs, history, or related discipline.
- Experience working with and supporting the needs of a diverse student body.
- Public speaking experience.
Responsibilities – Essential Functions:
- Manage the Cook Leadership Academy: recruit, interview, and incorporate fellows and mentors each year.
- Design the annual Wheelhouse Talks series consisting of 6 talks by state and local community leaders.
- Plan and implement CLA fellows and mentors events including orientations, Leader Labs, and other leadership activities with an emphasis on excellent content and delivery.
- Prepare Cook Leadership Academy proposals and reports to present at Hauenstein Center Advisory Cabinet meetings.
- Coordinate and manage the Cook Leadership Academy’s Independent Initiative process, working with a subcommittee from the advisory cabinet to make funding decisions for CLA fellow proposals.
- Develop and manage annual leadership fellow evaluations.
- Manage the selection process of named leadership fellows and apprise donors.
- Engage CLA fellows and alumni, documenting their stories to enhance the Hauenstein Center marketing materials, networking strength, and visibility in the community.
- Develop an annual program budget, and assist with funding proposals.
- Assist the Director and Assistant Director with additional projects as needed.
- Facilitate relationships with campus partners and offices.
- Support Hauenstein Center evening events.
- Perform other duties and responsibilities as required.
Salary: Commensurate with experience
Department/Division: Hauenstein Center for Presidential Studies/University Development
Campus: Grand Rapids
Application Deadline Date: July 16, 2019
How To Apply: Apply online at jobs.gvsu.edu and select “Apply now”. Please include a cover letter and resume. The online application will allow you to attach these documents electronically. On the application, you will be required to provide names, phone numbers, and e-mail addresses for three professional references. Applicants selected for interviews will be required to submit official transcripts prior to the interview. If you have questions or need assistance, call Human Resources at 616-331-2215.
Grand Valley State University is guided by values for inclusiveness and community which are integral to our mission to educate students to shape their lives, their professions, and their societies, and to enrich the community through excellent teaching, active scholarship, and public service. The University is an affirmative action, equal opportunity institution. It encourages diversity and provides equal opportunity in education, employment, all of its programs, and the use of its facilities. Members of the University community, including candidates for employment or admissions, and visitors or guests have the right to be free from acts of harassment and discrimination, including sexual misconduct, which are prohibited if they discriminate or harass on the basis of age, color, disability, familial status, height, marital status, national origin, political affiliation, race, religion, sex/gender (including gender identity and expression), sexual orientation, veteran or active duty military status or weight. The University will provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. See www.gvsu.edu/affirmative/. TDD Callers: Call Michigan Relay Center at 711 (in State) or 1-800-833-7833 (out of State)
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Must have the physical stamina to work long hours and/or more than 5 days per week. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The information contained in this job description is for compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act as amended by the ADA Amendment Act (2008), Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, and other applicable federal and state laws that prohibit discrimination on the basis of disability. GVSU will provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities upon request.
Advertised: Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend