Men's and Women's Tennis Coach - Athletics
Job no: 493127
Work type: EAP - Executive, Administrative, Professional
- Bachelor’s degree
- Three years’ experience coaching competitive men’s and/or women’s tennis at club or college level
- Demonstrated ability to develop individual skills in one on one or team practice environment
- Demonstrated knowledge and understanding of collegiate recruiting
- Master’s Degree
- Over three years of coaching and recruiting competitive club or collegiate tennis.
- Head tennis coaching experience
- Leadership and management of all aspects of a collegiate men’s & women’s tennis program including, but not limited to evaluation and recruitment and retention of student-athletes, scheduling, practice preparation, individual skill development, match strategy, weight training & conditioning, team travel, academic monitoring, hiring and supervision of assistant coaches, community service, and other activities associated with running a successful program
- Must demonstrate a commitment to the academic and athletic success of the student-athlete, and to the highest of ethical standards.
- Demonstrate fiscal responsibility within confines of budget appropriation.
- Fundraising for the program through camps, clinics, and other initiatives.
- Conduct program with honesty and integrity per NCAA and GLIAC rules and regulations.
- Cultivate men’s & women’s tennis program alumni.
- Other duties as assigned by the Director of Athletics.
Salary: Commensurate with experience and qualifications. Comprehensive benefits package included.
Department/Division: Intercollegiate Athletics (Finance & Administration Division)
Application Deadline: Consideration of applications will begin immediately and the posting may be closed at any time at the discretion of the University.
How to Apply: Please apply online at jobs.gvsu.edu Please include a letter of application which specifically addresses how your skills, education and experience relate to the above description, along with your resume, and a list of three references. The online application system will allow you to attach these documents electronically. Applicants selected for interviews will be required to submit official transcripts prior to the interview. If you have questions or need assistance, please phone Human Resources at 616-331-2215.
For more information about Grand Valley, see our website at www.jobs.gvsu.edu
Grand Valley State University is guided by values for inclusiveness and community which are integral to our mission to educate students to shape their lives, their professions, and their societies, and to enrich the community through excellent teaching, active scholarship, and public service. The University is an affirmative action, equal opportunity institution. It encourages diversity and provides equal opportunity in education, employment, all of its programs, and the use of its facilities. Members of the University community, including candidates for employment or admissions, and visitors or guests have the right to be free from acts of harassment and discrimination, including sexual misconduct, which are prohibited if they discriminate or harass on the basis of age, color, disability, familial status, height, marital status, national origin, political affiliation, race, religion, sex/gender (including gender identity and expression), sexual orientation, veteran or active duty military status or weight. The University will provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. See www.gvsu.edu/affirmative/. TDD Callers: Call Michigan Relay Center at 711 (in State) or 1-800-833-7833 (out of State)
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Must have the physical stamina to work long hours and/or more than 5 days per week. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The information contained in this job description is for compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act as amended by the ADA Amendment Act (2008), Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, and other applicable federal and state laws that prohibit discrimination on the basis of disability. GVSU will provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities upon request.
Advertised: Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend