Readify consultants are known for discovering the latest and greatest in technologies, mastering their nuances, and influencing our clients and our community with their potential. We have a set of beliefs that we live everyday:
- We trust and empower our people
- We are invested in our customer's success
- We embrace diversity
- We love learning
- We live for our community
- Agility is our DNA
We encourage our people to use a multitude of approaches to make impactful contributions to our clients, including pair programming, workshops/training, and one-on-one mentoring. You'll grow into a subject matter expert at an accelerated pace, and be part of a community where continuous learning and improvement isn’t just enabled, but expected.
About the Role
As a Principal Consultant (PC) - DevOps, you'll assist in the delivery of innovative solutions for our clients, improving existing coding practices and educating teams in all aspects of software delivery. You'll enjoy an exciting blend of solution architect-level consulting, design and problem-solving skills, hands-on coding, and form part of our state leadership group. You'll mentor more junior consultants and guide our team to successful outcomes. You'll also help to build customer relationships and work closely with our sales team to leverage new opportunities.
From a tech perspective, you'll assist customers at varying stages of DevOps maturity to achieve meaningful business gains, through the establishment and use of DevOps practices. There may also be opportunities to work on our own automation systems as we grow, and our needs continue to evolve.
We're looking for someone who is self-driven, curious and able to solve complex problems. Experience running infrastructure using approaches such as infrastructure as code, build & deploy pipelines, automated configuration and release management, and automated testing will all be key to success in this role. We're looking for someone who's part developer, part engineer, and part mad-scientist.
A passion for solving business problems with technology, and an expectation that cloud is the norm will be required. This role is not about cloud migration; we've been in the cloud for years. Being across a broad range of cloud infrastructure tech will set you up for success.
- Have a deep understanding of both cloud (IaaS, PaaS, DBaaS, and Serverless) and on-premises delivery automation processes and concepts
- Are comfortable with having both infrastructure and application development conversations
- Have knowledge of infrastructure as code, automated deployment with various technologies, including:
- AWS and/or Azure
- Containers (E.g. Docker, Kubernetes, Docker Swarm)
- CI / CD tools (E.g. Visual Studio Team Services, TeamCity, Octopus Deploy, Bamboo)
- Are familiar with PowerShell scripting, modules and DSC
Have an understanding of modern identity and security concepts and approaches, particularly on Active Directory, OpenID, and OAuth
- Are aware of operations management and application performance management practices with technologies such as Azure Application Insights and New Relic
- Can demonstrate confidence with Agile software development practices
- Possess stakeholder management experience in both a delivery and a pre-sales capacity
We understand that you may not possess all of these skills – if you have previous consulting experience, or are looking to transition your career into consulting, we’d love to hear from you.
We're a Microsoft Gold Partner, and are a subsidiary of Telstra. This means you'll enjoy a greater variety of challenging projects, the opportunity to work alongside some of the smartest people in the country, and access to a range of Readify and Telstra perks. We also invest heavily in our people, offering substantial Toolkit Allowances (you keep the device!) and paid professional development.
If you like the sound of us, hit apply! We'd love to learn more about you.