Principal Consultant - Data & Analytics | NSW
Job no: 493565
Work type: Full time
Categories: Management, Data & Analytics, Agile
The role of the Principal Consultant in our Data & Analytics team is an exciting blend of solution architect-level design and problem-solving skills, hands-on technical work and leadership as you guide the teams you work with to successful outcomes.
Leadership / Consulting:
- You will be responsible for coaching and mentoring a team of Database Administrators, Business Intelligence Consultants & Data Scientists. You’ll be someone for our team members to look up to and help them in their career progression
- You'll also be a part of the state Leadership Group, who collectively provide distributed career and engagement support for the rest of the state's consultants.
- Your expertise will be called upon to consult on digital solutions and new digital platforms particularly those relating to the Cloud and Azure technologies.
- It’s important that you can display your high-end consulting skills on SQL Data and Business Intelligence including deep data platforms, Data Analytics and Mining, Data Warehousing and Integration.
- You’ll lead business related conversations around the development of enterprise Data Lake strategy, heterogeneous data management, decision support/BI over Data Lake is also just as important.
Your tech stack should look something like this:
- Advanced T-SQL and SQL Server 2012+, including Azure SQL
- SSIS, SSRS, and SSAS Multidimensional Expressions (MDX)
- SQL Server Administration & Performance Tuning
- SSAS Tabular Modelling
- Data Analysis Expressions (DAX)
- Azure HDInsights and/or Hadoop and related technologies
- Machine learning and/or data mining
- IoT, data ingestion, and stream analytics
- Working as part of a Scrum development team
Benefits of Working with Readify:
- 20 x paid days of professional development per year (attend / speak @ conferences, undertake courses and certifications)
- $4k Toolkit allowance to go out and buy your own tech (which is refreshed every 2 yrs!)
- Profit share bonus
- 16 weeks paid parental leave for primary carers. 2 weeks paid parental leave for secondary carers.
- A defined career path - https://github.com/readify/madskillz
- Telstra benefits and discounts
- An employer of choice for Developers and Consultants who want to work on bleeding-edge tech projects (check out the Augmented Reality project we did for Laing O'Rourke).
- Flexible & inclusive work-environment
Our projects are all client-facing. Our consultants aren't just productive team members - they are influencers, coaches, mentors, teachers and business partners. Great people skills are key.
We're about solving business problems and change doesn't happen without awesome leadership, communication and influencing skills. We'll help you build these along the way, but you'll need a good base to start from.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend