Hi! We’re Telstra Purple
We’re more than just tech and innovation. We’re a collection of passionate people who give purpose to technology! To continue our strong growth in Adelaide, we are seeking a Lead Data Consultant with an excellent technical background in Business Intelligence and the Azure platform.
In this newly created role, you will be our first Data Consultant in Adelaide and have access to the support of the national Data team. Our plan is to build the team, and your support in this area will be required.
About the Role:
As a Lead Data Consultant, you'll provide our clients with an extremely high level of technical expertise regarding Business Intelligence (BI) and Data Analytics.
You'll be involved in the full lifecycle of BI and Analytics projects from attending client briefings, translating business requirements into the architecture and design of solutions, and following through to their implementation and deployment. You will also be helping clients to build on their existing solutions to provide them with greater knowledge of, and insight into their own operations.
With a passion for technology and problem solving, you'll have the opportunity to develop your skills with the latest, cutting edge BI and Analytics technologies whilst working with a highly talented peer group.
Your duties will include:
- Gathering Requirements from Business and IT Stakeholders.
- Developing, Configuring, Optimising, Testing, and Documenting suitable solutions.
- Demonstrating proficiency in all pillars of the Microsoft Business Intelligence offering, including Azure technologies.
- Developing proficiency in a range of NoSQL based offerings, such as graph databases and Azure HD Insights, and modelling
- Actively participating in local technical forums, such as user groups, involving Microsoft and their wider developer community
You should have proven expertise applying Business Intelligence and Data Analytics solutions in a similar role as a BI Consultant, Analyst, Developer or Solution Architect.
Your capabilities should include:
- Advanced SQL (T-SQL, PL SQL, etc.)
- Advanced Data Analysis (PowerPivot, SAS, SPSS, etc.)
- Advanced Data Visualisation (i.e PowerBI, Tableau, QlikView, etc.)
- Working knowledge of Azure and/or AWS
It would be highly beneficial if your capabilities also include:
- Data Integration and Modelling (preferably SSIS and SSAS)
- Database Administration & Performance Tuning (preferably SQL Server)
- Writing Power Query Formula Language (M), Data Analysis (DAX) and Multi-Dimensional (MDX) Expressions
- Working within an Agile framework
It would be beneficial if your capabilities also include:
- Big Data (HDInsights and/or Hadoop and related technologies)
- Statistical modelling, machine learning and/or data mining
- IoT and stream analytics
- Traditional reporting (SSRS, Cognos, Crystal Reports, etc.)
More than any other skill, we value intellectual curiosity, a passion to learn and a positive attitude. You'll need to be able to adapt to a wide range of technologies in this role, but we'll support you every step of the way.
About our Culture:
Our people enjoy working at Telstra Purple because we stay at the forefront of the latest technologies allowing you work with the best solutions for your customers allowing you to have the utmost confidence we deliver the best. You will work on challenging projects where you will never be bored. We recognise team and individuals for their hard work and our Professional Development Program is envied by our competitors. Your team will constantly help you grow and support you in your career with Telstra Purple.
What's In It For You
- 16 weeks paid parental leave for primary carers; 6 weeks paid parental leave for secondary carers
- Flexible & inclusive work-environment
- Professional development program with individual and group learning (eg. attend/ speak @ conferences, undertake courses and certifications
- $4,200 toolkit allowance to go out and buy your own tech
- Telstra benefits and discounts
How To Apply
Send through your CV for review. Our Talent Acquisition Manager will then be in touch to discuss next steps.
Telstra Purple brings together Kloud Solutions, Readify, VMTech, MSC, Bridgepoint, O2, NSC, iVision, and the UK’s Company85.