Readify consultants are known for discovering the latest and greatest in technologies, mastering their nuances, and influencing our clients and our community with their potential.
We encourage our people to use a multitude of approaches to make impactful contributions to our clients, including pair programming, workshops/training, and one-on-one mentoring. You'll grow into a subject matter expert at an accelerated pace, and be part of a community where continuous learning and improvement isn’t just enabled, but encouraged.
About the Role
As a Principal Consultant (PC) in our Leadership Group, you'll assist in the delivery of compelling solutions for our clients, improving existing coding practices and educating teams in all aspects of software delivery. It's an exciting blend of leadership, hands-on coding, and solution architect-level consulting, as you guide the teams you work with to successful outcomes.
Our PCs have many different leadership responsibilities, including working with our sales team to help coordinate, manage, and build our customer relationships. You'll be someone our more junior colleagues look to for guidance in their career with Readify, and ultimately, you'll be responsible for helping to coach and grow the people in your capability.
A big focus of our consulting efforts is to ship software for our customers early and often. We:
- believe in Continuous Delivery, DevOps and automation
- expect all of our consultants to be able to write and ship production quality code
- don't shy away from pursuing complex technical challenges
- love playing with the latest technologies
- always focus on the current mission - delivering value to the customer
- believe in using the right tool for the job and try to be technology-agnostic where it makes sense
Our PCs are influencers, coaches, mentors, teachers and business partners. We embrace agile values and principles, so you'll need to demonstrate a good appreciation for the hows & whys of agile approaches and have an innate understanding of the agile mindset.
We're about changing the business of software development, and change doesn't happen without awesome leadership, communication and influencing skills. We'll help you build these along the way, but you'll need a good base to start from.
We're looking for someone who is self-driven, curious and able to help solve complex problems.
Ideally you have:
- an insatiable passion for development
- experience influencing and engaging with peers, clients, and stakeholders at all levels
- the ability to confidently navigate ambiguity
- strong development experience in C#/.NET or a similar language, with an understanding of the core language, tools, frameworks, and libraries that allow you to deliver effectively in your chosen stack
- knowledge of cloud-based infrastructure such as Azure or AWS
- confidence in applying Agile software delivery principles and Continuous Delivery practices
- some front-end web development experience with a SPA framework such as AngularJS or ReactJS
In addition to having the technical know-how, you'll bring awesome leadership, communication and influencing skills.
We're a Microsoft Gold Partner, and are a subsidiary of Telstra. This means you'll enjoy a greater variety of challenging projects, the opportunity to work alongside some of the smartest people in the country, and access to a range of Readify and Telstra perks, including:
- a focus on work life balance
- 16 weeks paid parental leave for primary carers; 2 weeks paid parental leave for secondary carers
- access to paid leave to develop yourself professionally (e.g. attending conferences, purchasing courses, etc.)
- access to our Profit Share scheme
- monthly Internet allowance
- heavily subsidised Telstra mobile phone plan
- sizable Toolkit Allowance to purchase a device of your choosing
- discounted Telstra Products and Services
If you like the sound of us, hit apply! We'd love to learn about you.