Readify consultants are known for discovering the latest and greatest in technologies, mastering their nuances, and influencing our clients and our community with their potential.
We encourage our people to use a multitude of approaches to make impactful contributions to our clients, including pair programming, workshops/training, and one-on-one mentoring. You'll grow into a subject matter expert at an accelerated pace, and be part of a community where continuous learning and improvement isn’t just enabled, but expected.
About the Role
The role of Principal Consultant is an exciting blend of solution architect-level consulting, design and problem-solving skills, hands-on coding, and leadership as you guide the teams you work with to successful outcomes and form part of our state leadership group.
Our Principal/Lead Consultants have many different leadership responsibilities. Overall, you'll be responsible for helping to coach and grow the other developers and consultants in our team.
You'll be someone our more junior team members to look up to, and you'll help guide them on their journeys. You'll also be responsible for coordinating, managing and building our customer relationships and accounts in addition to working with the sales team to generate new opportunities.
Software (Technical Excellence)
- A big focus of our consulting efforts is to ship software for our customers early and often
- We believe in Continuous Delivery, DevOps and automation
- We expect all of our consultants to be able to write and ship production quality code
- We don't shy away from pursuing complex technical challenges; we welcome the challenge
- We love playing with the latest technologies
- We always focus on the current mission; delivering value to the customer
- We believe in utilising the right tool for the job and try to be technology-agnostic where it makes sense
Consulting (Communication and Soft-skills)
Our consultants aren't just productive team members - they are influencers, coaches, mentors, teachers and business partners. Great people skills are key. We embrace Agile values and principles at our core so you'll need to work in agile teams, demonstrate a good appreciation for the hows & whys of agile approaches and have an innate understanding of the agile mindset.
We're about changing the business of software development, and change doesn't happen without awesome leadership, communication and influencing skills. We'll help you build these along the way, but you'll need a good base to start from.
We're looking for someone who is self-driven, curious and able to solve complex problems.
Ideally you have:
- An insatiable passion for development
- Experience influencing and engaging with peers, clients, and stakeholders at all levels
- The ability to confidently navigate ambiguity
- Strong development experience in C#/.NET or a similar language, with an understanding of the core language, tools, frameworks, and libraries that allow you to deliver effectively in your chosen stack
- Knowledge of cloud-based infrastructure such as Azure or AWS
- Confidence in applying Agile software delivery principles and Continuous Delivery practices
- Some front-end web development experience with a SPA framework such as AngularJS or ReactJS
In addition to having the technical know-how, you'll bring awesome leadership, communication and influencing skills.
We're a Microsoft Gold Partner, and are a subsidiary of Telstra. This means you'll enjoy a greater variety of challenging projects, the opportunity to work alongside some of the smartest people in the country, and access to a range of Readify and Telstra perks, including:
A focus on work life balance
16 weeks paid parental leave for primary carers; 2 weeks paid parental leave for secondary carers
Access to paid leave to develop yourself professionally (e.g. attending conferences, purchasing courses, etc.)
Profit Share Scheme
Monthly Internet allowance
Heavily subsidised Telstra mobile phone plan
Sizable toolkit allowance to choose your own hardware
Discounted Telstra Products and Services amongst other discounted goodies
If you like the sound of us, please apply via this link.