Graduate Software Developer | QLD
Job no: 493772
Work type: Full time
Categories: Software Development
Hi there! We're Readify
What do we do, you ask? As subsidiaries of Telstra, Readify in collaboration with Kloud Solutions is a high-performance consultancy helping clients with end-to-end digital innovation, delivering brilliant outcomes solving today's most challenging problems and making tomorrow's opportunities a reality. By leveraging a collaborative approach across Telstra, we can broaden our offerings across design, data, development, cloud infrastructure, modern workplace and collaboration channels, all with the aim of making Australia a world-leading digital economy.
Why are we looking for someone like you?
At Readify, we have always been passionate about developing and growing our future leaders. We are looking for eager candidates who are interested in taking part in our 2-year Graduate Program where you will be exposed to real-life, on-the-job, client projects. You will be supported every step of the way with a mentor and you will have a community of other Graduates who are right there with you on the same journey.
We do really appreciate the effort that goes into further education, however, at Readify, we don't believe that your formal education defines you. Some of our graduates have Bachelor Degrees in Computer Science, Software Engineering, IT etc. Some of our graduates are completely self-taught. You'll be the type of person who is comfortable to ask questions and then go forth to find your own answers. It’s vital that you can encourage yourself to keep going, even when faced with challenging situations.
Eligibility Criteria (the important bits)
- Passion & energy
- Excellent communication
- Excellent problem-solving abilities
- Interest in contributing to the wider tech community
- True investment in the future of Readify
Eligibility Criteria (the finer details)
- Be without significant commercial software development/engineering experience (no more than 1 year commercial experience in the industry)
- Must be a Permanent Resident of Australia or New Zealand, or an Australian Citizen or otherwise eligible to live and work in Australia
- Have an insatiable passion for software development
- Experience coding (whether formal education or self-taught) with any software development programming language. At Readify we love C# but that doesn't mean you have to right now. Demonstrate your experience in whatever you feel most confident with.
- Work with some of the best, most well-known minds in software development (don't take our word for it, check out all of the Readify speakers at conferences such as NDC & DDD).
- Less time in theorising, more time shipping
- Freedom to manage your own device and software with a $4k "toolkit allowance" renewed every two years. Go and buy the device that YOU like working on.
- Access to Telstra staff benefits & discounts
- Internet Allowance
- Sign up for the challenge (About 1 minute).
- Complete a "take home" code puzzle (Around 2 hours). We will send you an email when the challenge is open to complete. This will be released on the 24th June, 2019. Once the challenge opens, you will have 7 days to complete.
- Phone screen with your local Talent Acquisition Manager.
- One Day Workshop for those invited post code puzzle review.
- Management Interview (Around 1 hour).
- Start at Readify! (Jan 2020).
We know our process is tough and involved. It requires writing code. That's intentional. We're looking for people who thrive on a challenge.
For us, our Graduate Program is not just a placement, it’s setting you up for a career as a Readifarian. The opportunity to be exposed to the best software projects in Australia is only a click away!
Advertised: E. Australia Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend