Lead Experience Designer Consultant
Job no: 493819
Work type: Full time
Categories: Innovation & Design
What is Telstra Purple?
Telstra Purple is the largest Australian owned technology services business, bringing together the established specialties of Readify, Kloud, VMTech, MSC, Bridgepoint, O2, NSC, iVision, and the UK’s Company85. Our broad capability consists of over 1500 certified experts in network, security, cloud, collaboration, mobility, software, data and analytics, and design. We believe it’s people who give purpose to our technology, and it’s the power of purposeful technology that inspires people. Putting purpose and people at the core of everything we do brings a brilliantly connected future closer to our reach.
In this newly created role, you will be our first designer in Adelaide and have access to the support of the national design team. Our plan is to build the team, and your support in this area will be required.
Due to this situation, you’ll be responsible for the full spectrum of design activities from research, wireframe, prototype, visual design, workshop facilitation, experimentation, to supporting delivery and sales teams.
We're looking for a Senior Designer who:
- Lead & execute all design activities from discovery, research, strategy, design and validation.
- Translate use cases into clear direction through UX & Visual design deliverables such as storyboard, sketches, wireframes, user flows, mock-ups and prototypes that lead to intuitive user experiences.
- Create compelling experiences that drive adoption, usage and engagement.
- Deliver experiences that are optimised for a wide range of devices and interfaces.
- Work collaboratively with customers, product owners, engineers, users and other IT professionals throughout the project lifecycle.
- Be solution oriented, working in highly collaborative agile teams.
- Work closely with the engineers to ensure that solutions are effectively translated and realised.
- Present and defend design to peers and executive level stakeholders.
- Encourage and promote UX and design thinking within the teams that you work with.
- Establish and promote design guidelines, best practices and enterprise standards.
- Validate ideas and solutions with users.
All About You
Essential knowledge, skills & attributes
- Well-versed in Design thinking, Human Centred design, Lean UX and Agile methodologies.
- Expert visual problem solver.
- Proficient in design and prototyping tools, such as Sketch, Invision, Adobe Suites and/or Axure etc.
- Exceptional customer facing skills, with the ability to successfully manage both internal and external stakeholders.
- Strong communication and articulation skills both verbal and written – and strong relationship, collaboration and organisational skills.
- High-energy, detail-oriented, proactive and able to function under pressure, in an independent environment, along with a high degree of initiative and self-motivation to drive results.
- A proven record of strong problem-solving skills.
- Be open to and encourage critique from colleagues.
- Ability to quickly learn and implement new design trends and tools and support multiple concurrent activities.
- Ability to influence project stakeholders and senior executives through compelling presentations.
What's In It For You
- 16 weeks paid parental leave for primary carers; 6 weeks paid parental leave for secondary carers
- Flexible & inclusive work-environment
- Professional development program with individual and group learning (eg. attend/ speak @ conferences, undertake courses and certifications
- $4200 toolkit allowance to go out and buy your own tech
- Telstra benefits and discounts
How To Apply
Send through your CV for review. Our Talent Acquisition Manager will then be in touch to discuss next steps.
Advertised: Cen. Australia Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend