Access Services Specialist
Job no: 494379
Location: Moon Campus
Position Department: University Library
Position Type: Staff Full-Time
Under the supervision of the University Library Dean, the Access Services Specialist oversees the day-to-day operations of the functional areas within the Access Services division. With overall responsibility and accountability for providing planning and direction to several foundational areas within the department, with particular emphasis on ensuring quality service for library users, the Access Services Specialist participates in the development, recommendation, and administration of Access Services’ policies, procedures, and processes. This position supervises full- and part-time staff members as well as Circulation Student Assistants.
- Opens the Library at the beginning of the work day Monday through Fridays.
- Oversees the scheduling of part-time Evening Circulation Assistants and Student Assistants.
- Develops and implements policies and procedures for the operation of the Library Help desk, including Reserves, InterLibrary Loan, and E-Zborrow services.
- Supervises the maintenance and operation of the printing station technology and communicates with the vendor to ensure equipment remains continually in working operation.
- Supervises the operation and development of the Reserves, InterLibrary Loan, and E-ZBorrow service.
- Provides coverage at the Library Help desk as needed
- Supervises arrangement of shelving unites and library furniture as well as plans to ensure their organization and maintenance.
- Facilitates the maintenance of library IT equipment.
- When needed and delegated by the Library Dean, leads the recruitment, placement and training of full-and part-time library staff positions.
- All other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution required.
- Three or more years of library experience required.
- Excellent attention to detail is required.
- Ability to work evenings and weekends.
- Professional communication skills and superior customer service focus.
- Supervisory experience preferred.
- Ability to work independently and make independent judgments.
- Demonstrates ability to stay up to date on the latest developments and trends in Access Services.
- Microsoft Office required; Library management system software as well as resource sharing platforms experience preferred.
Exemption Status: Non-Exempt
Act 153 Clearance Required: No
Required To Pass a Motor Vehicle Report Check (If driving on behalf of the University): No
Required to Pass a Credit Check: No
Additional Posting Information: None
Special Applicant Instructions: None
Commitment to Diversity:
Robert Morris University is committed to increasing diversity in our community and actively pursues individuals from all backgrounds. Additionally, RMU complies with all applicable federal, state and local laws and provides equal opportunity in all educational programs and activities, admission of students and conditions of employment for all qualified individuals regardless of race, color, sex, religion, age, disability, sexual orientation, or national origin.
Reasonable Accommodation Notice:
Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please email email@example.com or call us at (412) 397-6270 if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job.
Advertised: Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend