Assistant Coach, Men's D3 Club Ice Hockey
Job no: 494386
Location: Island Sports Center, Moon Campus
Position Department: Campus Recreation
Position Type: Staff Part-Time
The Assistant Coach, Men’s D3 Club Ice Hockey is a part-time position not eligible for University benefits. Work hours are limited to 950 per calendar year and less than 29 hours per week on a regular basis. The University is a proud member of the ACHA with successful hockey programs at the Men’s D1 and D3 levels. The team practices 2-3 times per week and plays games most weekends during the season. There are 3-5 travel weekends during the season which include Fridays. Preference is for the coach to attend all practices and games.
- Attend practices and games.
- Teach on-ice skills and player development.
- Assist with the organization of practices and games.
- Help manage the team from the bench during games.
- Assist with off-ice conditioning/video breakdown.
- Assist with coordination of recruiting and camps.
- On occasion may need to drive on behalf of the University.
- All other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma or GED required; college degree preferred.
- One year minimum of coaching at the high school or collegiate level.
- Reliable, self-motivated, team-player, with strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to drive or have reliable transportation to travel on behalf of the University.
- Valid driver's license or reliable transportation to travel on behalf of the University is required.
Act 153 Clearance Required: Yes
Required To Pass a Motor Vehicle Report Check (If driving on behalf of the University): Yes
Required to Pass a Credit Check: No
Additional Posting Information: None
Special Applicant Instructions: None
Commitment to Diversity:
Robert Morris University is committed to increasing diversity in our community and actively pursues individuals from all backgrounds. Additionally, RMU complies with all applicable federal, state and local laws and provides equal opportunity in all educational programs and activities, admission of students and conditions of employment for all qualified individuals regardless of race, color, sex, religion, age, disability, sexual orientation, or national origin.
Reasonable Accommodation Notice:
Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call us at (412) 397-6270 if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job.
Advertised: Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend