Responsible for leading engagement with external industrial and governmental entities in support of Lehigh’s three Interdisciplinary Research Institutes: Institute for Data, Intelligent Systems, and Computation, Institute for Cyber Physical Infrastructure and Energy, and Institute for Functional Materials and Devices. The Lehigh community takes seriously our commitment to antiracism and The Principles of our Equitable Community.
1. Federal, State, Regional and Multi-University Partnerships
* Identify and implement government and industry partnerships for Interdisciplinary Research Institutes (IRIs) (Department of Defense, Department of Energy, etc., as well as regional and national companies)
* Pursue consortia programs such as America Makes, PA State Manufacturing Initiative, etc. *Develop cooperative research and development agreements (CRADAs) and other contract mechanisms to drive partnerships for the IRIs
* Develop regional partnerships for IRI faculty to pursue innovative partnerships (ex. Lehigh Valley Planning Commission & City of Bethlehem for Resiliency, Smart Cities)
* Inform IRI directors of potential inter-IRI collaboration opportunities
* Identify key Federal and State program officers and introduce faculty to pursue lesser-known research opportunities; bring these program officers to campus for seminars, workshops, etc.
* Seek programs for undergraduate or graduate students in Federal agencies for internships, fellowships and other research opportunities
* Raise profile of the IRIs in federal agencies through agency visits and campus hosting opportunities
2. Multi-member partnerships and unique opportunities
* Identify and develop opportunities, such as CRADAs, consortia, and complex partnerships to position the IRIs for multidisciplinary or multi-faculty programs (ex. US Army, United States Department of the Army, Armament, Research, Development and Engineering Center (ARDEC), Army Research Library (ARL), DoE Labs, etc.)
* Identify and assist in research opportunities (ex. Cooperative Agreement, SBIRs, etc.) that may require University, Government and Industry partners
* Maintain and develop legacy relationships with government agencies and industry
* Advance the recognition and reputation of the IRIs by participating in conferences, meetings and events
* Engage with other offices and Colleges on campus on behalf of the IRIs
Grade: 11 – 40
Position Number: S98080
This position is funded by soft dollars; there is no severance associated with this position
Will often be required to see, talk, hear, sit, stand, walk, use hands to reach, touch, handle, or feel, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl and lift up to 25 pounds
This position is expected to partially work remote while the campus remains in a limited capacity due to COVID-19; in the future it is expected that this position will be staffed on campus where they can be fully accessible to the Lehigh community
Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or Science or equivalent combination of education and experience; Master’s Degree in Engineering, Science or Business preferred
Eight or more years related work experience
Liaison experience in or with Government research organizations highly desirable
Ability to build, foster and maintain positive professional relationships
Proven ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously and a high degree of initiative for bringing tasks to completion
Excellent communication, interpersonal skills and a high level of customer service required
Solid analytical, decision making and problem-solving skills
Excellent computer skills with experience using word processing, spreadsheet, database and presentation software
Solid writing ability, attention to detail and organizational skills
Successful completion of standard background checks including but not limited to: social security verification, education verification, national criminal background checks, motor vehicle checks, PATCH, FBI fingerprinting, Child Abuse Clearance and credit history based upon the requirements of the position
Because of increasing COVID case counts in the region and new information about the characteristics of the Delta variant, all Lehigh faculty and staff will be required to be fully vaccinated unless they receive an approved medical or religious exemption from the requirement.
Only complete applications will be considered therefore please complete the application in its entirety. Once the posting is removed from the website applications may no longer be allowed to be completed.