Position Title & Department:
| Admissions Coordinator; School of Law
We are proud to be an integral part of the University of San Diego -- an engaged contemporary Catholic university community that is “committed to advancing academic excellence, expanding liberal and professional knowledge, creating a diverse and inclusive community and preparing leaders who are dedicated to ethical conduct and compassionate service.”1 The central mission of the USD’s School of Law (“Law School”) is to cultivate and sustain a stimulating, entrepreneurial, and compassionate intellectual environment that nurtures and supports both our students’ education and training and our faculty’s scholarship. In the service of this central mission, we have educational and scholarly missions that sustain and reinforce each other. Our educational mission is to prepare our students to become outstanding attorneys and leaders who excel in the practice of law. Our scholarly mission is to make an enduring mark on our fields of study and to illuminate and enliven how we educate our students.2
We strive through our teaching, scholarship, and service activities to instill in our students the capacity for critical judgment and practical skills that they will need to thrive in their professional lives. We are committed to providing our students with a deep understanding of the legal and social theory and research skills that will inform their choices and arguments. We are dedicated to endowing our students with a full appreciation of the ethical duties and responsibilities that come with being a member of the legal profession, which will allow them to become leaders in their public lives.
The University of San Diego, a contemporary and engaged Roman Catholic institution, was founded by the Diocese of San Diego and the Society of the Sacred Heart in 1949. Governed by an independent board of trustees since 1972, USD remains committed to a liberal arts education grounded in the Catholic intellectual tradition and the pursuit of truth, goodness and beauty. Inspired by this centuries old tradition of Catholic higher education, the University welcomes people of all faith traditions and any, or no, religious background. The future success of USD relies on the contributions of those who seek to foster the development of engaged global citizens and an earnest confrontation of humanity’s urgent challenges.
The Admissions Coordinator position works as part of a 7 member team. The individual is primarily responsible for the oversight of all internal operations including the imaging and indexing of over 6000 admissions documents annually. The position serves as one of 4 admissions advisors providing counsel to prospective and admitted students. The person coordinates the shipment of materials to recruitment events and maintenance of the admissions webpage and social media accounts. In addition, the position assists in the coordination of the Admissions Office’s expanded “Keep ‘Em Sold” marketing campaign and serves as an admissions recruiter and financial aid advisor. The Admissions Coordinator provides assistance to the Assistant Dean of Admissions, Diversity Initiatives and Financial Aid in the oversight and projection development of the operating and scholarship budgets. The individual must possess excellent customer service skills and the ability to communicate with the public in group settings and in an informative and professional manner.
Manages Decision and Scholarship Email Letter Generation
- Responsible for the admissions fulfillment area which includes running 3000 decision and scholarship offer emailed letters connected with the 3000 applications. Scholarship offer batched emails can reach $1 million per week during peak times.
- Assists the Assistant Dean with the tracking and analyzing of scholarship offers including yields on original offers, upgrades and scholarship appeals.
Coordinates the marketing campaign of mailed and emailed pieces
- Independently creates and coordinates the mailing and emailing of marketing pieces to all admitted students. The project requires a high level of attention to detail, organization and technical expertise in using the Blue Hornet email client and knowledge of HTML.
- Responsible for the coordination of marketing campaigns to prospective and admitted applicants including the “Keep‘Em Sold” during the months of January to June. During peak time, batches can reach in excess of 50,000 emails per month.
- Using the Blue Hornet analytics tool, develops a statistical analysis to evaluate marketing campaign success. Tracks click-through rates to evaluate which email pieces resonate best with applicants and makes recommendation on marketing development.
Management of internal operations
- Responsible for the oversight of daily imaging and indexing of over 6000 admissions documents (annually). The process requires the use of the Xtender imaging system in coordination with the indexing into ACES2 admissions database and financial aid and admissions modules of the Banner system.
- Coordinates with the Director and Assistant Director to ensure that scholarship award letters are accurately indexed in Banner so award letters reflect scholarship awards.
- Responsible for the statistical analysis of over 400 applicant travel stipend offers and expenditures totaling over $10,000. Makes recommendation on appropriate travel stipend amounts on select groups. Responsible for the processing and timely reimbursement to applicants.
- Maintains the admissions web presence and other social network applications such as the admissions office Facebook page. Knowledge of Microsoft Contribute is required to manage admissions and financial aid web content.
- Assists the Asst. Dean of Admissions and Financial Aid in the oversight of the operating and scholarship budgets. Monitors monthly expenditures and assist in the reconciliation of monthly expenditures. Track 3 different budget lines and assist in the projection of upcoming expenditures to ensure year-end fiscal stability. Creating and maintaining POETS accounts to ensure proper expense accounting.
- Assist in the coordination law school tours, campus information sessions and campus visits.
- Supervises a group of 3-5 student assistants including training and mentoring.
- Perform other duties as assigned
Student Advising and Recruitment
- Counsel prospective and admitted students on USD Law programs, course offerings and scholarships.
- Serves as one of four recruitment professionals representing USD at over 80 forums, law days and pre-law panels at undergraduate schools.
- Communicate with prospective and admitted students by phone and through e-mail
- Counsels prospective and admitted applicants as well as enrolled students on financial aid programs and processes.
- Assist in the coordination of campus events such as Campus Visit Days, Alumni-Admitted Student Receptions, Admitted Student Summer Workshop, etc.
Special Conditions of Employment:
The University of San Diego is requiring all employees to follow our Covid-19 vaccine requirement process. https://www.sandiego.edu/onward/
Background check: Successful completion of a pre-employment background check.
Degree Verification Requirement: Persons offered employment in this position will be required to provide official education transcripts for degree verification purposes.
Minimum and Preferred Qualifications:
- B.A./B.S. degree required.
- Minimum of 3 years of work experience in an admissions or other student service-related department.
- Knowledge of and willingness to learn and work with technology; specifically word
- processing environments, internet navigation, databases, and e-mail correspondence
- Preferred knowledge of admission and financial aid information and procedures.
- Preferred knowledge of Workday, Xtender Imaging Solution, Banner Student System and ACES2, Blue Hornet, Salesforce or other mass-email solution.
- Must be accurate, pay attention to details, meet deadlines, complete projects as assigned and have the ability to follow through.
- Must have the ability and flexibility to work and travel – including evenings and weekends.
- Must be able to prioritize projects and tasks effectively.
- Must be able to work well independently as well as in a team environment. Able to work with other department staff and supervisors.
- Must have excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Must be flexible to accommodate heavy workload demands.
- Proficient in MS Office software specifically Word and Excel.
Commensurate with experience; Excellent Benefits
The University of San Diego offers a very competitive benefits package including; medical, dental, vision, a retirement contribution given to you by the University, and access to on-campus Fitness Centers. Please visit the benefits section of our website to view all of the perks and benefits that USD has to offer. USD: Human Resources: Benefits
|Special Application Instructions:
Resume and Cover Letter Required
Click Apply Now to complete our online application. In addition, please upload a cover letter and resume to your application profile for the hiring managers’ review. If you have any questions or difficulties please contact the Employment Services Team at 619-260-6806, or email us at email@example.com
Hours: 37.5 hours per week
Closing date: Open until filled
Note: External job postings will be up for at least five days. After that time, applications will be reviewed by the hiring manager/committee throughout the posting period. A candidate may be selected at any time which could then close this posting on a date earlier than listed.
The University of San Diego is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion and is especially interested in candidates who can contribute to the diversity and excellence of the campus community.
The University of San Diego is a smoking and tobacco-free campus. For more information, visit www.sandiego.edu/smokefree.