Director of Graduate Admissions
Apply now Back to search results
Job Number: 494332
Campus: North Haven - North Haven, CT
||Quinnipiac University seeks a Director of Graduate Admissions with significant graduate recruitment experience to oversee, evaluate, and expand our graduate on-campus and online recruitment efforts. The Director of Graduate Admissions will be responsible for meeting new graduate student enrollment goals through oversight of the of the graduate admissions funnel and the graduate admissions team. The Director of Graduate Admissions reports directly to the Dean of Admissions. This position is based on the North Haven campus in North Haven, CT.
||Quinnipiac is a private, coeducational, nonsectarian institution located 90 minutes north of New York City and two hours from Boston. The university enrolls 6,800 full-time undergraduate and 3,000 graduate and part-time students in more than 140 degree programs through its Schools of Business, Communications, Computing and Engineering, Education, Health Sciences, Law, Medicine, Nursing and the College of Arts and Sciences. Quinnipiac consistently ranks among the top regional universities in the North in U.S. News & World Report's America's "Best Colleges" issue. Quinnipiac also is recognized in The Princeton Review's "The Best 387 Colleges." Quinnipiac has been named a "Great College to Work For" as determined by a comprehensive industry survey. Please visit qu.edu for more information. An education at Quinnipiac embodies the university's commitment to preparing graduates for 21st-century careers and citizenship, creating an inclusive, excellence-driven community, nurturing and positively impacting internal, local and global communities, and fostering lifelong connections and success. The university believes in educating a diverse student body to become valued and contributing members of their communities through vital and purposeful educational programs. Students engage with real-world issues through practice and considering different perspectives. The university's innovative curriculum further prepares undergraduate and graduate students to understand their roles and responsibilities as members of the Quinnipiac community as well as the larger national and global communities.
- Identify and foster graduate student pipelines for Quinnipiac’s unique program offerings
- Work with academic leadership, program coordinators, and graduate admissions staff to develop strategic recruitment plans specific to each graduate offering
- Coordinate communication plans with our prospective graduate students through email, phone calls, direct mail, etc. with the graduate admissions team and Marketing and Communications.
- Assist in the development of appropriate marketing and communication channels which may include brochures and guides, advertising, websites, and communication flows
- Plan graduate recruitment travel and represent the university at recruitment events
- Develop relationships with appropriate colleges, businesses, and organizations to generate applications and enrolled students
- Evaluate academic credentials and review applicants for admission
- Work alongside Student Affairs, Student Services, One Stop, and Academic Divisions across campus to enhance the graduate student experience
- Conduct regular global and Quinnipiac specific enrollment trend and economic impact research and to inform our decision-making
- Provide actionable reports to assist leadership with decision-making
- Establish and implement policies, procedures, and standards for efficient and effective operation of the graduate admission process
- Remain current on emerging technologies, innovative management tools, and admission best practices
- Represent the Office of Graduate Admissions on University committees, task forces and special assignments as required
- Update job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor's degree required
- Master's degree preferred
- Valid driver’s license required
- A minimum of two years in a university administrative position, in a field related to Multicultural or Diversity preferred
- A minimum of 10 years in an admissions setting
- Ability to create a strategic plan and vision for the development and enhancement of recruitment efforts at the graduate level
- Ability to lead a team and develop inherent strengths
- Ability to think creatively, strategically, and collaboratively
- Experience with Admissions information systems (i.e. Technolutions Slate, and preferred experience or like data system with Ellucian Colleague)
- Understanding of, sensitivity to, and respect for the diverse academic, socio-economic, ethnic, religious, and cultural backgrounds of prospective students
- Ability to communicate clearly with prospective students, business connections, and professional organizations
- Demonstrated ability to work with diverse populations and a commitment to diversity and inclusion
|Special Instructions to Applicants:
Applications must be submitted electronically and include a resume, cover letter addressing how your experience supports the requirements of this position and Quinnipiac's commitment to diversity and inclusion, and contact information for three references on the application form.
Quinnipiac University has a strong commitment to the principles and practices of diversity and inclusion throughout the University community and welcomes candidates who enhance that diversity.
We offer a comprehensive benefits package for full-time faculty and staff which includes tuition remission and a culture that is inclusive and driven by excellence.
COVID-19 Vaccination Requirement: Please note that the university has a COVID-19 vaccination requirement. For more information, please visit www.qu.edu/health-wellness-and-safety/covid-19-resources/
Quinnipiac University is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Advertised: Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend