CLASSIFICATION TITLE: Analyst/Programmer - Career
UNION CODE: R09
PAY PLAN: 12-month
ANTICIPATED HIRING RANGE: $4,372 - $6,000
- However, offer amount will be commensurate with candidate’s experience, education, skills, and training.
CSU CLASSIFICATION SALARY RANGE: $4,372 - $10,792
PAY BASIS: Monthly
BENEFITS: CSUB offers a best-in-class benefit package for eligible employees that includes an array of medical plans, choice of dental plans, vision coverage, retirement participation in CalPERS, CSU tuition waiver, up to 24 vacation days per year, sick leave with unlimited accrual, 14 paid holidays per year and more! See our benefits website for additional information.
CANDIDATES ELIGIBLE TO APPLY: Open to all qualified applicants
SPECIAL INSTRUCTIONS TO APPLICANT:
FOR PRIORITY CONSIDERATION, applications must be received by July 15, 2022; however, the position will remain open until filled.
CSU requires faculty, staff, and students who are accessing campus facilities to be immunized against COVID-19 or declare a medical or religious exemption from doing so. Any candidates advanced in a currently open search process should be prepared to comply with this requirement. The systemwide policy can be found at CSU Vaccination Policy [calstate.policystat.com] and questions may be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.
POSITION PURPOSE: Within Information Technology Support Services (ITSS), the Administrative Services team provides technical support to students, faculty, and staff while furthering the administrative mission of the University. The group is responsible for both first tier and second tier support for an array of applications and equipment at the University.
The ITSM Administrator, under the general supervision of the information Technology Support Services Manager, is responsible for intermediate to senior level database and system administration. The incumbent, relatively independently, designs and develops database and system solutions through applying technical judgement to meet user and organizational needs.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
Database & System Administration:
- Design and develop solutions in ServiceNow, including forms, workflows, record producers, business rules, interfaces, and custom code.
- Support existing integration solutions and implement new integration solutions with other ITS-supported products.
- Gather requirements, testing, building, and implementing solutions based on customer needs.
- Configure and improve the core application, including, but not limited to, Service Catalog, Service Portal, Incidents, Change, Knowledge Base, Service Requests, Facilities, and Reporting.
- Perform administration of the ServiceNow platform, including issue and performance mitigation, patching, and health checks.
- Train customers to ensure effective use of the ITSM (ServiceNow) application.
- Document all ITSM applications, including the code, functionality, change management, and version control.
- Consult with technical staff as needed.
- Adhere to ITS security policies and guidelines in the daily performance of web and mobile application development and support activities.
- Assure that all solutions developed meet accessibility standards and are Section 508 compliant.
- Responsible for keeping current in the industry, including technology changes, trends, and best practices.
- Address any concerns regarding technical operations with the appropriate supervisor.
- Provide consultation on design and implementation of various IT based projects.
- Research new systems.
- Ensure IT project timelines are met.
- Implement new systems.
Advanced Technical Support:
- Create technical support tickets in the ticket tracking system.
- Ensure support tickets are completed in a timely manner, based on time commitments.
- Ensure customer service satisfaction levels are maintained at a high level.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE – Bachelor’s degree in computer science or business or equivalent training and applied experience. Two (2) years of recent programming and systems analysis experience. An equivalent combination of related education and work experience in a relevant field discipline will be considered.
LICENSES, CERTIFICATES, CREDENTIALS: Possession of a valid driver’s license or the ability to obtain by date of hire.
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE & ABILITIES (SKA’s) –
- Regular and reliable attendance is required.
- Ability to track and document information between multiple parties.
- Experience in coordinating resource requirements.
- Attention to detail.
- Ability to work independently with little supervision.
- Ability to coordinate with third party vendors without disrupting project flow.
- Ability to analyze business requirements and understand the structure, policies, and operations to recommend technical solutions that enable organizations to achieve their goals.
- Ability to research, develop practical and thorough solutions, assist in troubleshooting, including quickly identifying problems to address all aspects of identified problems.
- Ability to independently apply technical judgment to standard applications and systems
- Demonstrated knowledge of ITIL or ITSM principles.
- Ability to quickly gather information from and disseminate information to the appropriate parties.
- Ability to conduct training sessions.
- Demonstrated customer service experience requiring a very high level of diplomacy and professionalism.
- Ability to use tact and diplomacy to effectively handle a broad range of high level and sensitive interpersonal situations with diverse personalities, and to respond appropriately to conflicts and problems.
- Ability to initiate, establish, and foster communication and teamwork by maintaining a positive, cooperative, productive work atmosphere in the University with the ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships within a diverse population and with those from various cultural backgrounds.
- Excellent communication skills; ability to effectively communicate information in a clear and understandable manner, both verbally and in writing to provide accurate technical documentation.
- Thorough knowledge of English grammar, spelling and punctuation.
- Ability to interpret, communicate and apply policies and procedures.
- Demonstrated ability to maintain a high degree of confidentiality.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills with the ability to set own priorities to coordinate multiple assignments with fluctuating and time-sensitive deadlines.
- Excellent computer skills and competence with a variety of computer applications including word-processing, spreadsheets, databases, on-line systems, Internet as well as online calendaring and email.
- Working knowledge of or ability to quickly learn University infrastructure, policies and procedures.
- Three (3) years’ experience supporting large scale, multi-OS, desktop environments.
- Current/Certified ServiceNow Administrator
- Professional experience with database design, architecting, and normalization preferred.
- The ability to set up and configure web content management systems (SharePoint, WordPress) is preferred.
- Professional experience developing web and mobile-enabled data collection and reporting applications using Microsoft SQL Server, Oracle, or MySQL preferred.
- Demonstrated skills in an institutional/educational environment utilizing a customer-oriented and service-centered attitude.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: LIGHT WORK – involves mainly sitting, up to 25% standing or walking; lifting medium weight objects limited to 25 pounds.
ENVIRONMENTAL FACTORS: Drives motorized equipment
SCREENING: Only those applicants possessing experience most directly related to the immediate needs of the office will be invited to appear before a Qualifications Appraisal Board for the purpose of appraising training, experience, and interest in the position.
CALIFORNIA STATE UNIVERSITY EMPLOYEES UNION: It shall be the policy of the CSU in filling vacant CSUEU bargaining Units 2, 5, 7 & 9 positions to fill such vacancies from among qualified individuals currently employed on-campus except when it is determined that it is necessary to appoint outside applicants to meet campus workforce diversity goals or to provide specialized skills and abilities that are not available from current employees.
BACKGROUND CHECK: Satisfactory completion of a background check (including a criminal records check) is required for employment. CSU will make a conditional offer of employment, which may be rescinded if the background check reveals disqualifying information, and/or it is discovered that the candidate knowingly withheld or falsified information. Failure to satisfactorily complete the background check may affect the continued employment of a current CSU employee who was conditionally offered the position.
SENSITIVE POSITION: Sensitive positions are designated by the CSU as requiring heightened scrutiny of individuals holding the position, based on potential for harm to children, concerns for the safety and security of the people, animals, or property, or heightened risk of financial loss to the CSU or individuals in the university community.
MANDATED REPORTER: Not Mandated
GENERAL INFORMATION: It is the policy of California State University, Bakersfield to hire only United States citizens and aliens lawfully authorized to work in the United States. All new employees will be required to present documentation verifying their right to accept employment. You will also be requested to present a social security card at the time of initial appointment in compliance with state payroll regulations. State regulations require that every state employee sign the Oath of Allegiance prior to commencing the duties of his/her State employment, except legally employed non-citizens. These individuals are required to sign the Declaration of Permission to Work.
EEO STATEMENT: California State University, Bakersfield is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity. Applicants will be considered without regard to gender, race, age, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, genetic information, marital status, disability or covered veteran status.