Department of Accounting
College of Business and Economics
The Department of Accounting at California State University, Fullerton, is separately accredited by AACSB and offers both undergraduate and Master’s programs. We invite applications for a tenure-track position at the rank of Assistant Professor of Accounting with an emphasis in Financial, Managerial, or Accounting Information Systems with appointment starting in Fall 2021.
California State University, Fullerton is a minority-serving institution, and an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer with a strong commitment to increasing the diversity of the campus community and the curriculum, and fostering an inclusive environment within which students, staff, administrators and faculty thrive. Candidates who can contribute to this goal through their teaching, research, advising, and other activities are encouraged to identify their strengths and experiences in this area. Individuals advancing the University’s strategic diversity goals and those from groups whose underrepresentation in the American professoriate has been severe and longstanding are particularly encouraged to apply.
The Department strives to further CSUF’s identity as an institution that welcomes and embraces diversity. We strongly encourage applications from candidates who can demonstrate through their teaching, research or service that they can contribute to the diversity and excellence of our community. For more detailed information about the Department, please visit our website at: http://business.fullerton.edu/accounting/
We are seeking applicants who have expertise in the area of Financial, Managerial, or Accounting Information Systems. The primary professional responsibilities of instructional faculty members are: teaching undergraduate and graduate students, research, scholarship and/or creative activity, and service to the University, college, department, profession and to the community. Positive tenure and promotion decisions require excellent teaching, substantial service, on-going commitment to research, and other creative/scholarly activities of a peer reviewed nature.
- Earned Ph.D. in accounting, information systems, or related field (by the time of appointment)
- Candidates with a Ph.D. in fields other than accounting must have teaching or research experience in accounting
- Evidence of strong instructional and digital skills
- An ability to communicate and work effectively with a wide and culturally-diverse range of students, faculty, and staff
- Demonstrated commitment to working successfully with a diverse student population
- An ability to balance excellent teaching with outstanding scholarship and professional service
- Accounting Certifications (e.g. CPA, CMA, etc.)
- Professional experience in public accounting or a corporate accounting environment
August 17, 2021
A complete on-line application must be received by electronic submission to be considered. Please visit https://hr.fullerton.edu/careers/Faculty.php to apply. Select job #497948 to begin the application process. If you have any questions about the application, please contact the search committee chair, Dr. Richard Lu, at firstname.lastname@example.org. Applicants should submit the following materials:
- Letter of interest (relating your experience to the required qualifications)
- Curriculum vitae
- A teaching statement about your teaching or other experiences, successes, and challenges as they relate to student success
- Recent publications, submitted as a single pdf
- Candidate Statement on Commitment to Inclusive Excellence
- This statement provides the candidate’s unique perspective on their past and present contributions to and future aspirations for promoting diversity, inclusion, and social justice in their professional careers. The purpose of the diversity statement is to help departments identify candidates who have professional experience, intellectual commitments, and/or willingness to engage in activities that could help CSUF contribute to its mission in these areas.
- Unofficial graduate transcripts
- A list of three references with relevant contact information
- Finalists will be required to have three letters of recommendation submitted. Please have these ready for the referents to submit. On the References page of the online application, enter information and email addresses for three referents who will provide a confidential letter of reference for your application. At the appropriate time in the search process, they will receive a request via email along with information on uploading the letter. You will be able to verify that each letter has been received by CSUF by logging back into your applicant portal
To be assured full consideration, all application materials must be received by December 1, 2020.
Multiple positions may be hired from this recruitment based on the strength of the applicant pool.
Salary is commensurate with experience and qualifications, and is subject to budgetary authorization and any California State University System faculty contract increases. Summer research grants, moving expenses, start‐up funds, and a reduced teaching load may be available. An excellent comprehensive benefits package is available that includes: health/vision/dental plans; spouse, domestic partner and dependent fee‐waiver; access to campus child‐care; and a defined‐benefit retirement through the state system along with optional tax sheltering opportunities. For a detailed description of benefits, please visit https://hr.fullerton.edu/total-wellness/
The person holding this position is considered a ‘mandated reporter’ under the California Child Abuse and Neglect Reporting Act and is required to comply with the requirements set forth in CSU Executive Order 1083 as a condition of employment.
A background check (including a criminal records check) must be completed satisfactorily before any candidate can be offered a position with the CSU. Failure to satisfactorily complete the background check may affect application status of applicants or continued employment of current CSU employees who apply for the position.
Reasonable accommodations will be provided for qualified applicants with disabilities who self-disclose.
Notice of Non-Discrimination on the Basis of Gender or Sex and Contact Information for Title IX Coordinator (http://www.fullerton.edu/titleix/about/notice.php)