Department of Athletics
Division of Student Affairs
Assistant Coach – Women’s Basketball
The Department of Athletics at California State University, Fullerton, invites applications for an Assistant Women’s Basketball Coach position with anticipated appointment to begin Fall 2022.
California State University, Fullerton is a minority-serving institution, and an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer with a strong commitment to increasing the diversity of the campus community and the curriculum, and fostering an inclusive environment within which students, staff, administrators and faculty thrive. Aligning with the university’s vision and mission, the Titans Athletic department’s inclusive culture promotes equitable participation for our student-athletes as well as enhances the career objectives for coaches, administration and staff and is all geared towards improving the learning and competitive environment which enables our student-athletes to reach their full potential both in the classroom and in their respective sports. Candidates who can contribute to this environment through their work are encouraged to identify their strengths and experiences in this area. Individuals advancing the University’s strategic diversity goals and those from groups whose underrepresentation has been severe, and longstanding are particularly encouraged to apply.
The Women’s Basketball program at California State University, Fullerton is a highly competitive program which competes in the NCAA Division I Big West Conference. The Assistant Women’s Basketball Coach reports directly to the Women’s Head Basketball Coach and they assist with coaching in this program in addition to the following duties:
- Assist with coaching a highly competitive women’s basketball program which competes in the NCAA Division I Big West Conference
- Assist with recruiting Division I quality student-athletes
- Assist with monitoring the academic progress of student-athletes
- Lead, monitor, and coordinate training and practice sessions, ensuring that all appropriate safety guidelines and standards are maintained
- Know and abide by NCAA, University, and Big West rules and regulations
- Work in conjunction with the head coach regarding travel coordination, scheduling, and practice planning
- Scout and conduct statistical analysis of recruits and opponents
- Work closely with Athletics administration and staff in regards to women’s basketball program responsibilities and policy compliance
- Take an active role in marketing women’s basketball on campus and within the community through public appearances, fundraising and promotional efforts
- Other duties as assigned by the Head Women’s Basketball Coach
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Three years Division I collegiate women’s basketball coaching experience or 4 years playing experience at the NCAA Division I level and 5 years coaching at the high school, club or non-Division I NCAA level
- Proven ability to recruit highly skilled student-athletes and a demonstrated commitment to their satisfactory academic progress
- Possession of excellent interpersonal, communication and organizational skills
- Thorough knowledge and understanding of NCAA Division I rules and regulations
- Ability to interact successfully with a wide and culturally diverse range of students and to work harmoniously with students and colleagues
- Demonstrated competitive on-court coaching ability and skills
- NCAA Division I basketball coaching experience and knowledge of various scouting and video editing software systems.
Rank & Salary
This is a faculty bargaining unit, 12-month, full time position. Salary is competitive and commensurate with experience and qualifications. CSU Fullerton offers an excellent comprehensive benefits package which includes health/vision/dental plans and a defined-benefit retirement through the state system. For a detailed description of faculty benefits go to: https://hr.fullerton.edu/total-wellness/
A complete on‐line application must be received by electronic submission to be considered. To apply, please visit http://hr.fullerton.edu/careers/Faculty.php, choose full-time faculty, search for position #517723, and provide the following required materials:
- Cover Letter in which the applicant addresses:
- Qualifications for the position
- Desire to work at California State University, Fullerton
- Candidate Statement on Commitment to Inclusive Excellence
This statement provides the candidate’s unique perspective on their past and present contributions to and future aspirations for promoting diversity, inclusion, and social justice in their professional careers. The purpose of the diversity statement is to help departments identify candidates who have professional experience, intellectual commitments, and/or willingness to engage in activities that could help CSUF contribute to its mission in these areas.
- A list of three references with relevant contact information
All applicants will be required to have three letters of recommendation submitted. Please have these ready for the referents to submit. On the References page of the online application, enter information and email addresses for three referents who will provide a confidential letter of reference for your application. At the appropriate time in the search process, they will receive a request via email along with information on uploading the letter. You will be able to verify that each letter has been received by CSUF by logging back into your applicant portal.
Please direct all questions about the position to: Ashley Lowery at email@example.com
To be assured full consideration, all application materials must be received by August 31, 2022. Review of applications may continue until the position is filled.
Multiple positions may be hired from this recruitment based on the strength of the applicant pool.
The person holding this position is considered a ‘mandated reporter’ under the California Child Abuse and Neglect Reporting Act and is required to comply with the requirements set forth in CSU Executive Order 1083, revised July 21, 2017, as a condition of employment.
California State University Fullerton celebrates all forms of diversity and is deeply committed to fostering an inclusive environment within which students, staff, administrators and faculty thrive. Individuals interested in advancing the University’s strategic diversity goals are strongly encouraged to apply. EEO employer. Reasonable accommodations will be provided for qualified applicants with disabilities who self-disclose.
A background check (including criminal records check) must be completed satisfactorily before any candidate can be offered a position with the CSU. Failure to satisfactorily complete the background check may affect application status of applicants or continued employment of current CSU employees who apply for the position. Additionally, following a conditional offer of employment, a driving record check will be conducted on the final job candidate since driving a motor vehicle is an essential job function for this position.
CSU requires faculty, staff, and students who are accessing campus facilities to be immunized against COVID-19 or declare a medical or religious exemption from doing so. Any candidates advanced in a currently open search process should be prepared to comply with this requirement. The systemwide policy can be found at https://calstate.policystat.com/policy/9779821/latest/ and questions may be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.
In accordance with the California State University (CSU) Out-of-State Employment Policy, the CSU is a state entity whose business operations reside within the State of California and requires hiring employees to perform CSU related work within the State of California.
Notice of Non-Discrimination on the Basis of Gender or Sex and Contact Information for Title IX Coordinator (http://www.fullerton.edu/titleix/about/notice.php)