Position: Assistant Professor of Accountancy
Effective Date: August 17, 2023 (Fall Semester)
Salary Range: Commensurate with qualifications and experience
Application Deadline: Review of applications to begin September 30, 2022. Position opened until filled (or recruitment canceled).
College of Business
Department of Accountancy
- Ph.D. or DBA with a major in Accounting from AACSB-accredited business school. Degree at time of application or official notification of completion of the doctoral degree by August 1, 2023.
- Demonstrated ability for effective teaching Financial and Managerial Accounting courses at undergraduate and graduate levels
- Demonstrated potential for scholarship leading to high quality academic publications
- Demonstrated potential for curriculum development
- Demonstrated potential to contribute to service to the department, college, university, and community
- Demonstrated commitment to working successfully with a diverse student population
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA) or Chartered Accountant (CA) with professional experience
- Effective teaching experience at college level face to face, hybrid, and online mode of teaching
- Experience in teaching and mentoring students from historically marginalized communities
- Experience of successfully working with populations demographically and socioeconomically similar to the CSULB student body (demographics)
- Teach undergraduate and graduate Accounting courses, such as Financial Accounting, Managerial Accounting, Intermediate Financial Accounting, Cost Accounting, and Advanced Accounting [Mode of instruction may include in-person, hybrid, online, and/or any combination thereof. In 2023-2024, the department anticipates that the normal mode of instruction will be in-person.]
- Engage in scholarly research and creative activities leading to presentations and publications
- Participate in curriculum and program development and keep content current
- Participate in service to the department, college, university, and community
CSULB seeks to recruit faculty who enthusiastically support the University’s strong commitment to the academic success of all of our students, including students of color, students with disabilities, students who are first generation to college, veterans, students with diverse socio-economic backgrounds, and students of diverse sexual orientations and gender expressions. CSULB seeks to recruit and retain a diverse workforce as a reflection of our commitment to serve the People of California, to maintain the excellence of the University, and to offer our students a rich variety of expertise, perspectives, and ways of knowing and learning.
Information on excellent benefits package available to CSULB faculty is located here:
How to Apply - Required Documentation:
- An Equity and Diversity Statement about your teaching or other experiences, successes, and challenges in working with a diverse student population (maximum two pages, single-spaced). For further information and guidelines, please visit: http://www.csulb.edu/EquityDiversityStatement
- Letter of application addressing the required and preferred qualifications
- Evidence of Certified Public Accountant (CPA) license or Chartered Accountant (CA) certification, if applicable
- Three references (to be contacted for confidential letters of recommendation should you reach the finalist stage)
- Copy of transcript from institution awarding highest degree (should you reach the semi-finalist stage)
- Finalists should be prepared to submit an official transcript (e-transcript preferred, if available)
How to Apply: Click Apply Now icon to complete the CSULB online application
Requests for information should be addressed to:
Dr. Sudha Krishnan, Search Committee Chair
California State University, Long Beach
Department of Accountancy
1250 Bellflower Boulevard
Long Beach, CA 90840
A background check (including a criminal records check and telephone reference check with most recent employer) must be completed satisfactorily before any candidate can be offered a position with the CSU. Failure to satisfactorily complete the background check may affect the application status of applicants or continued employment of current CSU employees who apply for the position.
The person holding this position is considered a “mandated reporter” under the California Child Abuse and Neglect Reporting Act and is required to comply with the requirements set forth in CSU Executive Order 1083 Revised July 21, 2017 as a condition of employment.
CSU Vaccination Policy
CSU requires faculty, staff, and students who are accessing campus facilities to be immunized against COVID-19 or declare a medical or religious exemption from doing so. Any candidates advanced in a currently open search process should be prepared to comply with this requirement. The systemwide policy can be found at https://calstate.policystat.com/policy/9779821/latest/ and questions may be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.
CSULB is committed to creating a community in which a diverse population can learn, live, and work in an atmosphere of tolerance, civility and respect for the rights and sensibilities of each individual, without regard to race or ethnicity (including color or ancestry), nationality, religion or religious creed, gender (or sex), gender identity (including transgender), gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, disability (physical or mental), medical condition, genetic information, age, veteran or military status. CSULB is an Equal Opportunity Employer.