Working Title: Associate Director of Transfer and Enrollment Management
Classification Title: Administrator I
Department Name: Admissions
Time Base: Full-time
Pay Plan: 12 month
Bargaining Unit: M80 (Management/MPP)
Employment Type: MPP – this position is part of the California State University Management Personnel Plan (MPP). No tenure or permanent status can be achieved within the MPP.
Salary Range: Hiring salary is commensurate with education and experience.
Benefits: Premium benefit package includes outstanding health, dental and vision plans; life and disability insurances; pension (CalPERS); tuition fee waiver; and 14 paid holidays per year. See our benefits website for additional information.
Application Deadline: Open until filled. A review of applications will begin Monday, May 2, 2022.
Position Summary: Under the general direction of the Associate Vice President of Enrollment Management and Director of Admissions, the Associate Director of Student Transfer and Enrollment Management is responsible for managing the transfer student enrollment process, creation of best practice enrollment management efforts, management of data and analytics for student transfers and execution of a comprehensive integrated marking communications. This position will guide and develop all staff to also meet each of their assigned individual new student enrollment goals for transfer, first-year, and all other students. The Director will also mentor Admission Officers and Enrollment Services Counselors.
About California State University Maritime Academy:
Established in 1929, California State University Maritime Academy, a campus of the California State University, is the only degree-granting maritime academy on the West Coast. Located on the scenic Vallejo waterfront, the campus serves a student population of approximately 1000 undergraduates and 50 graduate students.
Cal Maritime offers seven baccalaureate degrees in Business Administration, Global Studies and Maritime Affairs, Facilities Engineering Technology, Marine Engineering Technology, Mechanical Engineering, Marine Transportation and Oceanography. The undergraduate curriculum includes licensing programs for future merchant marine, coast guard and naval reserve officers. Cal Maritime also offers a Master of Science in Transportation and Engineering Management degree, as well as a number of extended learning programs and courses.
- Direct, guide and manage all prospective transfer student enrollment processes and initiatives. Represents Cal Maritime transfer enrollment and the Cal Maritime commitment to transfer students publicly, locally, regionally, and nationally. Create and execute, along with all admission and select EM staff a robust program for National Transfer Student Week. Engage all appropriate campus resources, offices, services and personnel.
- Serve as the enrollment representative to the National Association of Colleges and Employers (NACE) to identify, contact and connect with two-year career services offices to build a pipeline of prospective transfer students. Define maritime industry, professional opportunities and Cal Maritime’s successful outcomes around job placement and salary.
- Serve as point person for the National Student Clearinghouse Research Center with a primary focus on publications, reports, data and research on transfer student mobility and progress.
- Collaborate with Registrar and Director of Financial Aid to define, direct, guide and manage the intersection of, and workflow across, prospective transfer student enrollment advising, admissions, financial aid, and records and registration.
- Maximize the existing and new systems for transfer students through various enrollment management systems.
- Work to address enrollment declines; stabilize, grow and optimize enrollment as needed. Plan and execute proactive recruitment that includes fostering, building, and maintaining relationships with prospective students, families, community-based organizations, and most importantly, our post-secondary and secondary peers. Charged with identifying and then promoting organic transitions to Cal Maritime.
- Meet the needs of the transfer student population, their families and influencers, so a focus on our colleagues at post-secondary institutions, their students, and their families.
- The role will also conduct curriculum, office, personnel and role, mapping from select community colleges to Cal Maritime matching faculty (academic programs and departments), student services, resources, activities, and offices.
- Work with a diverse student population of first-year, transfer, second baccalaureate, military connected, in- and out-of-state, international, traditional, adult, resident, and commuter students.
- Coordinate programs designed to attract and provide support to students from historically underrepresented groups and non-licensed programs. Plan and execute plans for BIPOC, first-generation, Latinx, military-connected, rural, and multiracial transfer student recruitment and retention.
- Develop a plan (not a secondary, but tertiary priority) to attract, recruit, admit and enroll prospective international students near select ports around the world. Conduct research on appropriate international port selection, especially as it pertains to transfer and adult students.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Equivalent to graduation from a four-year college or university in one of the behavioral sciences, public or business administration, or a job-related field or a combination of experience and education is required. Two years of full-time professional experience in one of the student services program areas or in a related field.
- A valid California drives license must be maintained in addition to reliable transportation and proof of insurance.
Excellent skills in:
- Teamwork, management, and leadership
- Interpersonal relations, collaboration, cooperation
- Verbal, and written communication
- Organizing, time management, priority-setting, follow-through
- Strategic, and short- and long-term planning
- Office 365, Zoom
- High-touch, high quality customer service
- Editing, proofreading, drafting, reviewing
- Event planning
- Professionalism: civility, diplomacy, confidentiality, integrity
- Self-management, self-direction, and self-starting
- Visually representing, and distilling insight from data
- Training volunteers, professional and student staff
- Work under minimal supervision
- Manage multiple tasks and projects simultaneously in a fast-paced environment
- Maintain a high level of enthusiasm and positive energy when working with internal and external stakeholders
- Commit to greater efficiency, effectiveness, and succession planning
- Maintain sense of humor
- Apply needed effort and allot needed time in a small, entrepreneurial environment
- Take initiative
- Adapt to student, professional, leadership, internal and external audiences as necessary
- Meet everyone where they are
- Operate successfully on concurrent tracks; one focused on the day-to-day; and the other focused on designing and building toward an even more impactful future
- Be coached, mentored, trained
- Give and receive feedback
- Master’s degree in a related field, or professional certificate and certification
- Familiarity or exposure with the Maritime industry and/or academy
- Prior admissions or enrollment management experience; especially with transfer students
- Experience with Smart Panda; Target X; College Source/Transferology; EAB Navigate; CollegeNET 25Live; PeopleSoft; CalState Apply/WebAdMIT; and/or LiaisonEDU Admissions Management System and Enrollment Marketing
- State university systems
- Data visualization tools and virtual tour platforms
- Quality assurance experience and exposure
- Bi- or multi-lingual
Physical, Mental and Environmental Conditions: Involves mainly sitting with up to 25% of the activities involving regular standing or walking; involves lifting of medium weight objects limited to 25 pounds.
Hours of work/ Travel: Travel in-person and virtually locally, throughout CA, regionally, nationally, and internationally as needed. Note: evening and weekend hours will be required.
Background Check: Satisfactory completion of a background check (including a criminal records check, DMV records check, and Fingerprinting) is required for employment. CSU will make a conditional offer of employment, which may be rescinded if the background check reveals disqualifying information, and/or it is discovered that the candidate knowingly withheld or falsified information. Failure to satisfactorily complete the background check may affect the continued employment of a current CSU employee who was conditionally offered the position.
Mandated Reporter: The person holding this position is considered a ‘mandated reporter’ under the California Child Abuse and Neglect Reporting Act and is required to comply with the requirements set forth in CSU Executive Order 1083 revised July 21, 2017, as a condition of employment.
Designated Position: This position is a “designated position” in the California State University’s Conflict of Interest Code. The successful candidate accepting this position is required to file Conflict of Interest forms subject to the regulations of the Fair Political Practices Commission.
Eligibility to Work: Applicants must provide proof of U.S. citizenship or authorization to work in the United States within three days of the date of hire.
Title IX: Please view the Notice of Non-Discrimination on the Basis of Gender or Sex and Contact Information for Title IX Coordinator at: https://www2.calstate.edu/titleix
EEO Statement: Cal Maritime is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action Employer. The university subscribes to all state and federal regulations and prohibits discrimination based on race, color, religion, national origin, sex, gender identity/gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, age, disability, genetic information, medical condition, covered veteran status, or any other protected status. Reasonable Accommodations will be provided to applicants with qualifying disabilities who self-disclose by contacting the Benefits Coordinator at (707) 654-1146.
Application Procedure: Click "APPLY NOW" to complete the Cal Maritime Online Employment Application and attach the following documents: cover letter and resume.
Disclaimer: The provisions of this job bulletin do not constitute an expressed or implied contract and any provisions contained may be modified or changed.