Director of Library Administrative Operations
Job no: 499197
Work type: Management (MPP)
Categories: MPP, Administrative, At-Will, Full Time
At CSUN we aspire to continually grow as an inclusive, cooperative community!
CSUN strives to be a destination workplace, where everyone understands that they belong to a community that is vital in advancing student success and providing exemplary service to all stakeholders. We foster an environment of success, both for our students and our employees. We have a relentless passion for celebrating diversity, equity, and inclusion as well as being an employer of choice. You will also have the opportunity to realize your own personal goals and be recognized for the work you do and enjoy the unique value the CSUN community can offer. As a leader you will have the opportunity to thrive in a community in which our leaders share common traits as identified in our Leadership Principles https://www.csun.edu/leadership-principles. If this sounds like you, you've come to the right place.
Under general supervision, the Director of Library Administrative Operations performs budgetary responsibilities which include planning and preparing the annual Library budget; recommending allocations for faculty positions and operating expenses; supervising the receipt, spending, and reconciliation of all funds for the Library including the State General Fund and funds from Extended Learning, Lottery, State Trust, Corporation, Foundation, and other budgetary sources. The incumbent is responsible for preparing year-end reconciliations and reports; and for providing advice and recommendations to the Library regarding fiscal issues.
- Serves as a liaison to the Office of Human Resources in all staff personnel matters; and advises the Dean, department chairs, faculty, and staff regarding the application of collective bargaining agreements, employee evaluations, grievances, disciplinary actions, classification, promotion, and staff development issues.
- Serves as a liaison to Faculty Affairs regarding reconciliation of entitlements, RTP schedules, sabbatical eligibility, and processing of appointments for temporary librarians.
- As a leader, demonstrates a commitment to student success that is mission aligned with the university’s vision, values and priorities. Establishes an ethical and collegial work environment, promoting a collaborative, accountable and inclusive team. Encourages a courageous and resilient solution-oriented environment by participating in new opportunities to further the mission of the university. Participates in developing initiatives that further support the campus mission with a service-oriented and catalytic mind set. Strengthens employees by being communicative and a talent builder that develops team attributes, furthering departmental goals.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
'NOTE: To view the full position description including all of the required qualifications copy and paste this link into your browser: https://bit.ly/2N9MHzD
- Equivalent to graduation from an accredited four-year college or university with a Bachelor's degree in Finance, Business, or job-related field. Master’s degree preferred.
- Equivalent to five years of progressively responsible professional/administrative experience, preferably in fiscal management and reporting; with 2 of the five years in a managerial role in facility operations and administration, preferred.
- Higher education administrative fiscal experience, and experience in use of enterprise systems such as PeopleSoft/Oracle to manage finance, human resources, is highly desirable.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities & Leadership
- Knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles, fiscal management, human resources, facility operations and problem resolution is essential. Ability to reason logically, independently implement administrative decisions, and supervise others.
- Ability to perform accurately in a detail-oriented environment and to work collaboratively and supportively with Library and university colleagues.
- Ability to work independently, and to develop and implement operational strategies in resolving problems; to analyze and interpret university policies and procedures, and effectively interact with all levels of staff and administration and handle situations of a sensitive and confidential nature.
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to negotiate and establish priorities to achieve results and expedite projects.
- Lead diverse teams to support the operational mission and vision of employers by fostering an ethical, inclusive and collegial work environment.
- Demonstrated ability to support ongoing improvement through courageous, resilient, and catalytic leadership.
- Lead varying initiatives through a collaborative, service-oriented and communicative approach.
- Demonstrated commitment to employee development, recognition, and accountability to further operational goals.
Pay, Benefits, & Work Schedule
- Salary is commensurate with knowledge, skills, and experience. The University offers excellent fringe benefits.
- The anticipated HIRING RANGE: $94,536 - $100,008, dependent upon qualifications and experience.
- This position is a sensitive position as designated by the CSU.
- A background check (including a criminal records check) must be completed satisfactorily. Failure to satisfactorily complete the background check may affect the application status of applicants or continued employment of current CSU employees who apply for the position.
- The person holding this position may be considered a 'limited reporter' under the California Child Abuse and Neglect Reporting Act and is required to comply with the requirements set forth in CSU Executive Order 1083 as a condition of employment.
- This position is a "designated position" in the California State University's Conflict of Interest Code. The successful candidate accepting this position is required to file Conflict of Interest forms subject to the regulations of the Fair Political Practices Commission.
- Candidates should apply by completing the CSUN on-line application. To submit an application and for more detailed information on the application and hiring process, please visit this link: www.csun.edu/careers
- Applications received through March 31, 2021, will be considered in the initial review and review of applications will continue until position is filled.
Equal Employment Opportunity
CSUN is an Equal Opportunity Employer and prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, religion, national origin, age, gender, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, genetic information, medical condition, marital status, veteran status, and disability. Our nondiscrimination policy is set forth in CSU Executive Order 1096. Reasonable accommodations will be provided for applicants with disabilities who self-disclose by contacting Recruitment Services at 818-677-2101.
Advertised: Pacific Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend