Senior Lead Usher (Pool)
Job no: 500450
Work type: Staff
Categories: Unit 7 - CSUEU - Clerical and Administrative Support Services, Temporary, Part Time, Theatre Arts
CSUN strives to be a destination workplace, where everyone understands that they belong to a community that is vital in advancing student success and providing exemplary service to all stakeholders. We foster an environment of success, both for our students and our employees. We have a relentless passion for celebrating diversity, equity, and inclusion as well as being an employer of choice. You will also have the opportunity to realize your own personal goals and be recognized for the work you do, and enjoy the unique value the CSUN community can offer. If this sounds like you, you’ve come to the right place. Learn more: https://www.csun.edu/about-csun.
Under general supervision of the House Manager, the Senior Lead Usher provides administrative and customer service support for events at the Younes and Soraya Nazarian Center for the Performing Arts (The Soraya) and other campus theaters supported by The Soraya such as the Plaza del Sol Performance Hall (PDSPH). The incumbent may be assigned to act as the sole Front-of-House (FOH) supervisor at PDSPH events, and on occasion, may be assigned to act as the primary FOH supervisor at Soraya events and receptions.
- Interacts with artists, renters, guests, and audience in accordance with various aspects of public convenings at The Soraya including, but not limited to, security, safety, parking, venue access, ticketing and seating, VIP protocols, providing exit instructions in the event of an emergency, and other policies and procedures.
- Leads Audience Services teams responsible for scanning or tearing of tickets; distributing programs; assisting patrons with finding their seats; assisting patrons with late seating; enforcing policies pertaining to patron possession of large personal items, food and beverage, and use of recording devices within the theatre; and basic crowd control.
- Provides general administrative support assistance including contributing to various post-event reports, assisting with management and care of staff uniforms, and assisting with implementation of staff training sessions.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
*NOTE: To view the full position description including all of the required qualifications copy and paste this link into your browser: https://bit.ly/3oWLiuD
- Equivalent to one (1) year of related experience, providing audience or customer services, providing performing arts support functions, or in a theatre related setting required.
- Equivalent to at least one (1) semester of experience as a Soraya Lead Usher preferred.
- Catering or food service experience is a plus.
- Current American Heart Association or Red Cross CPR, AED and/or First Aid, and TIPS (Training for Intervention ProcedureS) certifications are preferred.
- LICENSE: CANDIDATE MUST POSSESS A VALID CALIFORNIA DRIVER'S LICENSE.
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
- Knowledge of theatre etiquette, standards and protocol, performing arts center and university facilities, policies, and organization is a plus.
- Displays exceptional leadership and supervision skills; excellent customer service skills and the ability to effectively work crowd control; excellent verbal and written communication skills; flexibility and patience when interacting with others.
- Ability to establish and maintain strong working relationships with colleagues, team supervisors, artists/artist management, rental clients, and patrons.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment both independently, as well as part of a team, under the pressure of time deadlines.
- Employee may be required to use personal protective equipment (PPE) in accordance with Federal, State, and County Public Health directives in various aspects of their work.
Pay, Benefits, & Work Schedule
- Classification: 8820 / Community Service Specialist
- The anticipated HIRING RANGE: $18.55-$22, dependent upon qualifications and experience. The salary range for this classification is: $18.55-$29.13 per month.
- HOURS: Intermittent, on-call; hours and schedule vary.
- TEMP: Temporary-renewable, end date to be determined.
- Applications are currently being accepted to establish a Community Service Specialist POOL. Applications for these on-call positions will be accepted on a continuing basis through June 30, 2021 or until an adequate amount of applications have been received.
- A background check (including a criminal records check) must be completed satisfactorily. Failure to satisfactorily complete the background check may affect the application status of applicants or continued employment of current CSU employees who apply for the position.
- The person holding this position may be considered a 'mandated reporter' under the California Child Abuse and Neglect Reporting Act and is required to comply with the requirements set forth in CSU Executive Order 1083 as a condition of employment.
- Candidates should apply by completing the CSUN on-line application. To submit an application and for more detailed information on the application and hiring process, please visit this link: www.csun.edu/careers
- CSU requires faculty, staff, and students who are accessing campus facilities to be immunized against COVID-19 or declare a medical or religious exemption from doing so. Any candidates advanced in a currently open search process should be prepared to comply with this requirement. To learn more visit our Matadors Forward site: https://www.csun.edu/matadors-forward/faculty-and-staff-fall-guidelines
Equal Employment Opportunity
CSUN is an Equal Opportunity Employer and prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, religion, national origin, age, gender, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, genetic information, medical condition, marital status, veteran status, and disability. Our nondiscrimination policy is set forth in CSU Executive Order 1096. Reasonable accommodations will be provided for applicants with disabilities who self-disclose by contacting Recruitment Services at 818-677-2101.
Advertised: Pacific Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend