Electronic Resources Management Specialist
Job no: 503615
Work type: Staff
Categories: Unit 9 - CSUEU - Technical Support Services, Probationary, Full Time, Library
CSUN strives to be a destination workplace, where everyone understands that they belong to a community that is vital in advancing student success and providing exemplary service to all stakeholders. We foster an environment of success, both for our students and our employees. We have a relentless passion for celebrating diversity, equity, and inclusion as well as being an employer of choice. You will also have the opportunity to realize your own personal goals and be recognized for the work you do, and enjoy the unique value the CSUN community can offer. If this sounds like you, you’ve come to the right place. Learn more: https://www.csun.edu/about-csun.
Under general supervision, the Electronic Resources Management Specialist has primary responsibility for assisting in the management of the Library’s electronic resources. The incumbent manages and maintains new and existing electronic resources, using various systems and tools such as Alma (the Unified Library Management System or ULMS), EBSCONET, and publisher and platform administrator sites.
- Analyzes and solves problem requests and inquiries concerning electronic resources.
- Develops and/or revises documentation in response to changing system functionality; and collaborates with members of the department in managing and maintaining electronic resources.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
*NOTE: To view the full position description including all of the required qualifications copy and paste this link into your browser: https://bit.ly/3fZDTYq
- Four (4) years of Library Assistant experience with High School or equivalent certification; OR three (3) years Library Assistant experience with equivalent to an Associate's Degree (60 units); OR two (2) years Library Assistant experience with equivalent to a Bachelor's Degree (120 units) in job related field required.
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
- Knowledge of library collections, systems and applications. Ability to work independently; recognize and resolve problems, including unusual situations that require extensive investigation and analysis; interpret policy; assist in the development and revision of procedures and workflow; and answer inquiries concerning electronic resources problems. Thorough knowledge of and ability to interpret overall library policies and procedures and an in depth knowledge of library operations, policies and procedures pertaining to assigned functional area, including a solid understanding of individual work functions and the ability to adapt work procedures.
- Demonstrated expertise in creating and correcting bibliographic records. Thorough knowledge of external on-line databases, system and resources, including the ability to perform complex on-line searches. Thorough knowledge of institution's and library's policies and practices associated with the ethical use of and access to library and on-line resources.
- Working knowledge of national standards pertaining to library operations, including a thorough knowledge of institutional standards pertaining to copyright and intellectual property protection and the ability to interpret and apply them, as well as explain them to patrons, to ensure compliance.
- Demonstrated expertise in using library automated system(s), especially subsystem(s) pertaining to the functional area, including database maintenance. Working knowledge of campus human resource practices and payroll procedures. Ability to investigate and research more complex problems, including analyzing and interpreting information. Strong organizational skills to oversee and lead work flow in assigned area.
Pay, Benefits, & Work Schedule
- The university offers an excellent benefits package, including but not limited to: medical, dental, vision, retirement & savings, tuition waiver and more.
- Classification: 2888 - Library Services Spec III
- The anticipated HIRING RANGE: $3528 -$4400, dependent upon qualifications and experience. The salary range for this classification is: $3528-$6505 per month.
- HOURS: Full Time; 40 hours per week; Monday through Friday.
- REG: This is a Regular position with a one-year probationary period.
- Applications received through August 26, 2021 will be considered in the initial review and review of applications will continue until position is filled.
- This position is a sensitive position as designated by the CSU.
- A background check (including a criminal records check) must be completed satisfactorily. Failure to satisfactorily complete the background check may affect the application status of applicants or continued employment of current CSU employees who apply for the position.
- The person holding this position may be considered a 'mandated reporter' under the California Child Abuse and Neglect Reporting Act and is required to comply with the requirements set forth in CSU Executive Order 1083 as a condition of employment.
- Candidates should apply by completing the CSUN on-line application. To submit an application and for more detailed information on the application and hiring process, please visit this link: www.csun.edu/careers
CSU requires faculty, staff, and students who are accessing campus facilities to be immunized against COVID-19 or declare a medical or religious exemption from doing so. Any candidates advanced in a currently open search process should be prepared to comply with this requirement. To learn more visit our Matadors Forward site: https://www.csun.edu/matadors-forward/faculty-and-staff-fall-guidelines
Equal Employment Opportunity
CSUN is an Equal Opportunity Employer and prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, religion, national origin, age, gender, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, genetic information, medical condition, marital status, veteran status, and disability. Our nondiscrimination policy is set forth in CSU Executive Order 1096. Reasonable accommodations will be provided for applicants with disabilities who self-disclose by contacting Recruitment Services at 818-677-2101.
Advertised: Pacific Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend