Cloud Systems Administrator Windows
Job no: 504917
Work type: Staff
Categories: Unit 9 - CSUEU - Technical Support Services, Administrative, Probationary, Full Time, Information Systems & Technology
CSUN strives to be a destination workplace, where everyone understands that they belong to a community that is vital in advancing student success and providing exemplary service to all stakeholders. We foster an environment of success, both for our students and our employees. We have a relentless passion for celebrating diversity, equity, and inclusion as well as being an employer of choice. You will also have the opportunity to realize your own personal goals and be recognized for the work you do, and enjoy the unique value the CSUN community can offer. If this sounds like you, you’ve come to the right place. Learn more: https://www.csun.edu/about-csun.
Under general supervision, the Cloud Systems Administrator Windows manages the daily operations of all aspects of Hybrid Enterprise Compute Infrastructure. The incumbent supports the underlying Windows servers (physical/virtual), server virtualization, desktop/application virtualization/streaming, enterprise email, Active directory, Azure AD, and related group polices etc. The role is responsible managing these environments both on premises and in the public cloud (AWS, Azure & Google).
- Supports daily operations of the Windows Systems team - break fix issues, monthly patching, ticket queue resolution and coordination as well as ensuring timely resolution of issues. Train team members on new knowledge acquired.
- Partners with other teams inside and outside IT to ensure smooth operations and successful project delivery.
- Supports and maintains end-to-end virtual desktop/application streaming infrastructure and server virtualization infrastructure ensuring high availability.
- Deploys, migrates and provides operational support for services running in public cloud – AWS, Azure, and others, as utilized.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
*NOTE: To view the full position description including all of the required qualifications copy and paste this link into your browser: https://bit.ly/3nI3JVk
- Equivalent to graduation from an accredited four-year college or university in a job-related field.
- Qualifying technical training and applied experience may be substituted for required education, on a year-for-year basis.
- Three years of full-time, progressively field-related experience. Experience in following Agile methodology is desirable, including two years of progressively responsible experience that includes administration of Microsoft servers, hardware and software, including system modification, installations, evaluation, and system development.
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
- Thorough knowledge of: operating systems, networking and telecommunications software design, data processing equipment and its capabilities, and interface between hardware and software and implementation of directory services with interoperability.
- Ability and specialized skills to: design, modify, install, evaluate hardware and system software; analyze data situations; reason logically and creatively.
- Identify problems and draw conclusions; develop methods of processing data with computers; communicate effectively both orally and in writing; establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with students, faculty, staff, and administration.
- Expert level knowledge in managing medium to large size Active directory and Azure AD in an enterprise.
- Expert level knowledge in AD best practices, Group policies, AD Delegations, and Security controls.
- Knowledge and experience in using SCCM, MDT, Terraform, PowerShell, Ansible, github, etc.
- Good understanding of CI/CD process and DevOps methodology.
Pay, Benefits, & Work Schedule
- The university offers an excellent benefits package, including but not limited to: medical, dental, vision, retirement & savings, tuition waiver and more.
- Classification: 0410 / Operating Sys Analyst 12 Mo
- The anticipated HIRING RANGE: $4,372 -$7,500, dependent upon qualifications and experience. The salary range for this classification is: $4,372 -$10,792 per month.
- HOURS: Full Time; 40 hours per week; Monday through Friday; may include evenings and weekends.
- REG: This is a Regular position with a one-year probationary period.
- Applications received through October 6, 2021 will be considered in the initial review and review of applications will continue until position is filled.
- This position is a sensitive position as designated by the CSU.
- A background check (including a criminal records check) must be completed satisfactorily. Failure to satisfactorily complete the background check may affect the application status of applicants or continued employment of current CSU employees who apply for the position.
- The person holding this position may be considered a 'mandated reporter' under the California Child Abuse and Neglect Reporting Act and is required to comply with the requirements set forth in CSU Executive Order 1083 as a condition of employment.
- Candidates should apply by completing the CSUN on-line application. To submit an application and for more detailed information on the application and hiring process, please visit this link: www.csun.edu/careers
- CSU requires faculty, staff, and students who are accessing campus facilities to be immunized against COVID-19 or declare a medical or religious exemption from doing so. Any candidates advanced in a currently open search process should be prepared to comply with this requirement. To learn more visit our Matadors Forward site: https://www.csun.edu/matadors-forward/faculty-and-staff-fall-guidelines
Equal Employment Opportunity
CSUN is an Equal Opportunity Employer and prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, religion, national origin, age, gender, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, genetic information, medical condition, marital status, veteran status, and disability. Our nondiscrimination policy is set forth in CSU Executive Order 1096. Reasonable accommodations will be provided for applicants with disabilities who self-disclose by contacting Recruitment Services at 818-677-2101.
Advertised: Pacific Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend