Financial Systems Analyst
Job no: 509638
Work type: Staff
Categories: Unit 9 - CSUEU - Technical Support Services, Administrative, Probationary, Full Time
CSUN strives to be a destination workplace, where everyone understands that they belong to a community that is vital in advancing student success and providing exemplary service to all stakeholders. We foster an environment of success, both for our students and our employees. We have a relentless passion for celebrating diversity, equity, and inclusion as well as being an employer of choice. You will also have the opportunity to realize your own personal goals and be recognized for the work you do, and enjoy the unique value the CSUN community can offer. If this sounds like you, you’ve come to the right place. Learn more: https://www.csun.edu/about-csun.
Under general supervision, the Financial Systems Analyst is responsible for the production support and operational control of the Financial and Student Financial systems. The incumbent provides functional development support including systems analysis, planning, design, configuration and post-implementation support of the CSU’s PeopleSoft Finance and Student applications.
- Provides oversight for design, ensuring quality and standards meet defined expectations.
- Develops functional specifications in support of business requirements.
- Tests PeopleSoft Finance and Student Financials applications, including custom programs, upgrades and other releases.
- Coordinates and/or leads all PeopleSoft development efforts with functional Subject Matter Experts, technical resources and other Systems Analysts.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
*NOTE: To view the full position description including all of the required qualifications copy and paste this link into your browser: https://bit.ly/3rxkD9H
- Equivalent to graduation from an accredited four-year college or university in a job-related field required.
- Equivalent to five (5) years of full-time, progressively responsible relevant experience.
- Oversight and administration of a project with supervision and/or lead experience.
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
- Thorough knowledge of general practices, program, and/or administrative specialty, and operational and fiscal analysis and techniques. Advanced knowledge of policies, procedures, and regulations pertaining to financial systems.
- Working knowledge of PeopleSoft application modules including Finance (GL, AP, PO, AR/BI, AM, Grants), On-line Requisitions, Chargebacks, Travel & Expense, Campus Solutions (Student Financials).
- General knowledge of PeopleSoft reporting tools including Query, nVision, BI Publisher, SQR and SQL.
- Ability and specialized skills to: maintain the financial and student financial systems, take initiative and independently plan, organize, and coordinate systems projects in various situations where numerous and diverse demands are involved; expertise in investigating and analyzing systems issues and providing effective solutions.
- Ability to train others and provide lead work direction; interpret, and apply a wide variety of policies and procedures to develop conclusions and make recommendations.
- Analyze data and make accurate projections using business mathematics and basic statistics; communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
Pay, Benefits, & Work Schedule
- This job opening has been re-posted and will remain OPEN UNTIL FILLED.
- This position is a sensitive position as designated by the CSU.
- A background check (including a criminal records check) must be completed satisfactorily. Failure to satisfactorily complete the background check may affect the application status of applicants or continued employment of current CSU employees who apply for the position.
- The person holding this position may be considered a 'mandated reporter' under the California Child Abuse and Neglect Reporting Act and is required to comply with the requirements set forth in CSU Executive Order 1083 as a condition of employment.
- Candidates should apply by completing the CSUN on-line application. To submit an application and for more detailed information on the application and hiring process, please visit this link: www.csun.edu/careers
- CSU requires faculty, staff, and students who are accessing campus facilities to be immunized against COVID-19 or declare a medical or religious exemption from doing so. Any candidates advanced in a currently open search process should be prepared to comply with this requirement. To learn more visit our Matadors Forward site: https://www.csun.edu/matadors-forward/faculty-and-staff-fall-guidelines
Equal Employment Opportunity
CSUN is an Equal Opportunity Employer and prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, religion, national origin, age, gender, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, genetic information, medical condition, marital status, veteran status, and disability. Our nondiscrimination policy is set forth in CSU Executive Order 1096. Reasonable accommodations will be provided for applicants with disabilities who self-disclose by contacting Recruitment Services at 818-677-2101.
Advertised: Pacific Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend