Equipment Technician, Mechanical
Job no: 511761
Work type: Staff
Categories: Unit 9 - CSUEU - Technical Support Services, Administrative, Probationary, Full Time
CSUN strives to be a destination workplace, where everyone understands that they belong to a community that is vital in advancing student success and providing exemplary service to all stakeholders. We foster an environment of success, both for our students and our employees. We have a relentless passion for celebrating diversity, equity, and inclusion as well as being an employer of choice. You will also have the opportunity to realize your own personal goals and be recognized for the work you do, and enjoy the unique value the CSUN community can offer. If this sounds like you, you’ve come to the right place. Learn more: https://www.csun.edu/about-csun.
Under general direction of the Art Department Chair, the Equipment Technician Mechanical is responsible for a broad variety of support activities for the efficient operations of the department. The incumbent is responsible for oversight of Ceramics and Printmaking equipment.
- Supervises student employees in these activities, issues work orders, and establishes procedures related to the use of equipment and supplies.
- Disseminates information to students and faculty regarding hazardous waste disposal and health and safely requirement issues.
- Maintenance, repairs, adjustments, and operational safety, including service on committees related to health and safety.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
*NOTE: To view the full position description including all of the required qualifications copy and paste this link into your browser: https://bit.ly/3MJgVDp
- Equivalent to one (1) year experience in the maintenance, repair and operation of scientific or technical equipment used in the Art field (specifically ceramics and printmaking) is required; two years stockroom experience preferred. Bachelors of Art or Master's in Fine Art degree preferred.
- Equivalent to two years of semi-skilled experience and/or equivalent to two years of trade school or technical arts training may be substituted for the required experience.
- Experience managing facilities and equipment in an institution of Higher learning is preferred.
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
- General working knowledge of equipment and materials used in art processes. Demonstrate ability for minor repairs, adjustments, and maintenance of equipment, facilities, and support of the instructional needs; prepare departmental requisitions; accurately and research pricing information with purchase justifications.
- General knowledge of testing apparatus. Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite, PeopleSoft, Adobe, and Photoshop. Administrative and project management skills; basic understanding of equipment maintenance and repair, including: mechanical, electric, basic carpentry and metal work is desirable.
- Ability to: use hand tools in repair, analysis, installation, or fabrication of equipment of the specialty to which assigned; analyze equipment problems and determine necessary repairs; follow plans; follow oral and written directions.
- Ability to keep simple work and inventory records; establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with others; read and write at a level appropriate to the duties of the position; make arithmetic computations where required.
Pay, Benefits, & Work Schedule
- The university offers an excellent benefits package, including but not limited to: medical, dental, vision, retirement & savings, tuition waiver and more.
- Classification / grade: 7001 / Equip Tech I / 1
- The anticipated HIRING RANGE: $3565 - $4460, dependent upon qualifications and experience. The salary range for this classification is: $3565 - $6187 per month.
- HOURS: Full Time; 40 hours per week; Monday through Friday.
- REG: This is a Regular position with a one-year probationary period.
- This job opening has been re-posted and will remain OPEN UNTIL FILLED.
- This position is a sensitive position as designated by the CSU.
- A background check (including a criminal records check) must be completed satisfactorily. Failure to satisfactorily complete the background check may affect the application status of applicants or continued employment of current CSU employees who apply for the position.
- The person holding this position may be considered a 'mandated reporter' under the California Child Abuse and Neglect Reporting Act and is required to comply with the requirements set forth in CSU Executive Order 1083 as a condition of employment.
- Candidates should apply by completing the CSUN on-line application. To submit an application and for more detailed information on the application and hiring process, please visit this link: www.csun.edu/careers
- CSU requires faculty, staff, and students who are accessing campus facilities to be immunized against COVID-19 or declare a medical or religious exemption from doing so. Any candidates advanced in a currently open search process should be prepared to comply with this requirement. To learn more visit our Matadors Forward site: https://www.csun.edu/matadors-forward/faculty-and-staff-fall-guidelines
Equal Employment Opportunity
CSUN is an Equal Opportunity Employer and prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, religion, national origin, age, gender, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, genetic information, medical condition, marital status, veteran status, and disability. Our nondiscrimination policy is set forth in CSU Executive Order 1096. Reasonable accommodations will be provided for applicants with disabilities who self-disclose by contacting Recruitment Services at 818-677-2101.
Advertised: Pacific Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend