Job no: 512758
Work type: Staff
Categories: Unit 9 - CSUEU - Technical Support Services, Administrative, Probationary, Full Time
CSUN strives to be a destination workplace, where everyone understands that they belong to a community that is vital in advancing student success and providing exemplary service to all stakeholders. We foster an environment of success, both for our students and our employees. We have a relentless passion for celebrating diversity, equity, and inclusion as well as being an employer of choice. You will also have the opportunity to realize your own personal goals and be recognized for the work you do, and enjoy the unique value the CSUN community can offer. If this sounds like you, you’ve come to the right place. Learn more: https://www.csun.edu/about-csun.
Under the direct supervision of the Senior Director of the Educational Opportunity Program (EOP), the Multimedia Specialist supports advocates and facilitates the mission of CSUN, and EOP by discharging responsibilities that promote and encourage, historically low income, educationally underserved students to seek higher educational opportunities specifically at CSUN, and EOP. The incumbent creates specialized Media, Marketing, and Communication for the program, and individual units within the program; including, but not limited to EOP Transitional Programs, EOP Resilient Scholars Programs, EOP Admissions, EOP’s Faculty Mentor Program, EOP College Satellites, etc.
- Oversees a broad range of responsibilities including accountability for all technical production assignments, promotional, and programmatic components in the areas of multimedia design, graphics, and marketing.
- Performs a variety of highly skilled technical assignments in the aforementioned areas including the planning and production of live events.
- Oversees complex projects and assignments, and works with designers to create creative content that meets the instructional objectives of the EOP program, while overseeing all technical work in connection with the production of instructional media.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
*NOTE: To view the full position description including all of the required qualifications copy and paste this link into your browser: https://bit.ly/3vWT8cN
- Equivalent to graduation from a four-year college or university with a Bachelor’s degree in job related field.
- Equivalent to three (3) years of full-time production experience in multimedia production.
- Additional qualifying experience may be substituted for the required education on a year-for-year basis.
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
- Comprehensive and in-depth knowledge of production theory, principles and techniques as they apply to multimedia. Foundation background in communication theory and instructional design and development.
- Ability to: quickly research and incorporate subject matter expertise to provide production direction and enhance the quality of productions; produce and broadcast live productions; critique and evaluate work in progress for instructional design and impact.
- Ability to: develop innovative solutions to complex communication problems and evaluate the effectiveness of productions. Strong skills in production, project and budget management.
- Demonstrated consulting skills to work with faculty and staff to develop productions that meet stated objectives. Demonstrated ability to effectively provide technical and aesthetic leadership and work direction to others.
Pay, Benefits, & Work Schedule
- The university offers an excellent benefits package, including but not limited to: medical, dental, vision, retirement & savings, tuition waiver and more.
- Classification / grade: 0810/ Media Prod Spec / 3
- The anticipated HIRING RANGE: $4104 - $6350, dependent upon qualifications and experience. The salary range for this classification is: $4104 - $7425 per month.
- HOURS: Full Time; 40 hours per week; Monday through Friday; may include evenings and weekends.
- REG: This is a Regular position with a one-year probationary period.
- Applications received through May 24, 2022, will be considered in the initial review and review of applications will continue until position is filled.
- This position is a sensitive position as designated by the CSU.
- A background check (including a criminal records check) must be completed satisfactorily. Failure to satisfactorily complete the background check may affect the application status of applicants or continued employment of current CSU employees who apply for the position.
- The person holding this position may be considered a 'mandated reporter' under the California Child Abuse and Neglect Reporting Act and is required to comply with the requirements set forth in CSU Executive Order 1083 as a condition of employment.
- Candidates should apply by completing the CSUN on-line application. To submit an application and for more detailed information on the application and hiring process, please visit this link: www.csun.edu/careers
- CSU requires faculty, staff, and students who are accessing campus facilities to be immunized against COVID-19 or declare a medical or religious exemption from doing so. Any candidates advanced in a currently open search process should be prepared to comply with this requirement. To learn more visit our Matadors Forward site: https://www.csun.edu/matadors-forward/faculty-and-staff-fall-guidelines
Equal Employment Opportunity
CSUN is an Equal Opportunity Employer and prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, religion, national origin, age, gender, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, genetic information, medical condition, marital status, veteran status, and disability. Our nondiscrimination policy is set forth in CSU Executive Order 1096. Reasonable accommodations will be provided for applicants with disabilities who self-disclose by contacting Recruitment Services at 818-677-2101.
Advertised: Pacific Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend