Administrative Support Coordinator
Job no: 513484
Work type: Staff
Categories: Unit 7 - CSUEU - Clerical and Administrative Support Services, Administrative, Probationary, Full Time
CSUN strives to be a destination workplace, where everyone understands that they belong to a community that is vital in advancing student success and providing exemplary service to all stakeholders. We foster an environment of success, both for our students and our employees. We have a relentless passion for celebrating diversity, equity, and inclusion as well as being an employer of choice. You will also have the opportunity to realize your own personal goals and be recognized for the work you do, and enjoy the unique value the CSUN community can offer. If this sounds like you, you’ve come to the right place. Learn more: https://www.csun.edu/about-csun.
Under the supervision of the department chair, the Administrative Support Coordinator is responsible for the coordination and lead/oversight of a complex departmental office. The incumbent maintains the fiscal and budgetary records for the department of Anthropology and generates monthly budget and expenditure reports.
- Responsible for the Academic Planning Database (APDB) processing and managing of the temporary faculty module input, summer session module input, and issues summer session appointment letters, special pay processing, Personnel Action Requests (PAR), student payroll approval, etc.
- Enters and maintains schedule of classes in SOLAR, assists the coordination of occasional field schools and occasional recruitment searches.
- Oversees the funds for any research assistants for grants awarded to professors and/or any funds received for instructional support assistants.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
*NOTE: To view the full position description including all of the required qualifications copy and paste this link into your browser: https://bit.ly/3yrM4XF
- Equivalent to five (5) years of full-time, progressively responsible administrative or technical office management experience in an administrative capacity exercising independent judgment and leading the work of others.
- Equivalent to full-time college or university education/vocational school training in business or job-related field may be substituted for up to two (2) years of the required experience.
- Bookkeeping experience preferred.
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
- Thorough mastery of: office methods, procedures, and practices; and correct English grammar, spelling, and punctuation. Expertise in using office software packages, technology, and systems.
- Ability and specialized skills to: prepare letters, memos, and reports; transcribe minutes; make travel arrangements; analyze operational and procedural problems and develop, recommend, and evaluate proposed solutions; apply judgment, discretion, and initiative in establishing priorities, providing follow-up and quality control.
- Ability to use judgment and discretion to act when precedents do not exist; understand problems from a broader perspective and anticipate the impact of office administration problems and solutions on other areas.
- Communicate effectively both orally and in writing; establish and maintain cooperative working relationships; effectively handle interpersonal interactions at all levels and handle highly sensitive interpersonal situations; operate standard office equipment and software.
Pay, Benefits, & Work Schedule
- The university offers an excellent benefits package, including but not limited to: medical, dental, vision, retirement & savings, tuition waiver and more.
- Classification / grade: 1035 / ASC / 2
- The anticipated HIRING RANGE: $3440 - $3900, dependent upon qualifications and experience. The salary range for this classification is: $3440 - $5639 per month.
- HOURS: Full Time; 40 hours per week; Monday through Friday.
- REG: This is a Regular position with a one-year probationary period.
- Applications received through June 1, 2022, will be considered in the initial review and review of applications will continue until position is filled.
- This position is a sensitive position as designated by the CSU.
- A background check (including a criminal records check) must be completed satisfactorily. Failure to satisfactorily complete the background check may affect the application status of applicants or continued employment of current CSU employees who apply for the position.
- The person holding this position may be considered a 'mandated reporter' under the California Child Abuse and Neglect Reporting Act and is required to comply with the requirements set forth in CSU Executive Order 1083 as a condition of employment.
- Candidates should apply by completing the CSUN on-line application. To submit an application and for more detailed information on the application and hiring process, please visit this link: www.csun.edu/careers
- CSU requires faculty, staff, and students who are accessing campus facilities to be immunized against COVID-19 or declare a medical or religious exemption from doing so. Any candidates advanced in a currently open search process should be prepared to comply with this requirement. To learn more visit our Matadors Forward site: https://www.csun.edu/matadors-forward/faculty-and-staff-fall-guidelines
Equal Employment Opportunity
CSUN is an Equal Opportunity Employer and prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, religion, national origin, age, gender, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, genetic information, medical condition, marital status, veteran status, and disability. Our nondiscrimination policy is set forth in CSU Executive Order 1096. Reasonable accommodations will be provided for applicants with disabilities who self-disclose by contacting Recruitment Services at 818-677-2101.
Advertised: Pacific Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend