Job no: 514615
Work type: Staff
Categories: Unit 9 - CSUEU - Technical Support Services, Probationary, Full Time, Information Systems & Technology
CSUN strives to be a destination workplace, where everyone understands that they belong to a community that is vital in advancing student success and providing exemplary service to all stakeholders. We foster an environment of success, both for our students and our employees. We have a relentless passion for celebrating diversity, equity, and inclusion as well as being an employer of choice. You will also have the opportunity to realize your own personal goals and be recognized for the work you do, and enjoy the unique value the CSUN community can offer. If this sounds like you, you’ve come to the right place. Learn more: https://www.csun.edu/about-csun.
Under general supervision, the Instructional Technologist supports the faculty in all aspects of academic technology integration and innovation for the university. The incumbent provides technical support to faculty with technology integrations into the curriculum and innovates new ways to improve the efficiency and effectiveness of instructional delivery.
- Creates and provides training materials and experiences face to face and online for faculty and provides user consultation, training and assistance on a variety of instructional, multi-media and emerging technologies.
- Improves student engagement, student achievement and digital literacy skills by facilitating faculty professional growth and development on the selection and integration of appropriate technologies for their discipline and learning objectives.
- Participates in the evaluation and selection of the latest instructional technology software and hardware.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
*NOTE: To view the full position description including all of the required qualifications copy and paste this link into your browser: https://bit.ly/3M9EPXg
- Equivalent to graduation from an accredited four-year college or university with a Bachelor’s degree in instructional technology, or a related field.
- Certification training and applied experience may be substituted for the required education, on a year-for-year basis.
- Three years of full-time, progressively responsible field-related experience that includes knowledge of relevant hardware, software, maintenance, and user support.
- Master's degree in Instructional Technology, or a closely related field from a regionally accredited program. Peer reviewer status on quality assurance rubrics.
- Experience working collaboratively in a team environment on the use of instructional technology and course development.
- Previous professional experience working in a higher education environment. Experience with learning management systems, Canvas preferred.
- Demonstrated experience with project management and the ability to meet milestones and deadlines.
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
- Thorough knowledge of a variety of software application packages, equipment platforms, reference database systems and sources, and training methods and a basic understanding of networks, data communication, and multimedia systems.
- Functional knowledge of learning models and learning-related research.
- Ability and specialized skills to: identify, analyze and address user needs and problems, and propose effective solution; understand functional and procedural requirements, develop alternative solutions and relate them to departmental management and staff.
- Communicate effectively both orally and in writing; make presentations; conduct meetings; develop and/or provide user training; and establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with students, faculty, staff, and administration.
- Ability to take initiative on researching, using, and teaching others to use current and new academic technologies. Demonstrated use proficiency in multimedia tools, social media, and mobile technologies. Strong oral and written communication skills; attention to detail.
Pay, Benefits, & Work Schedule
- Applications received through June 23, 2022, will be considered in the initial review and review of applications will continue until position is filled.
- This position is a sensitive position as designated by the CSU.
- A background check (including a criminal records check) must be completed satisfactorily. Failure to satisfactorily complete the background check may affect the application status of applicants or continued employment of current CSU employees who apply for the position.
- The person holding this position may be considered a 'mandated reporter' under the California Child Abuse and Neglect Reporting Act and is required to comply with the requirements set forth in CSU Executive Order 1083 as a condition of employment.
- Candidates should apply by completing the CSUN on-line application. To submit an application and for more detailed information on the application and hiring process, please visit this link: www.csun.edu/careers
- CSU requires faculty, staff, and students who are accessing campus facilities to be immunized against COVID-19 or declare a medical or religious exemption from doing so. Any candidates advanced in a currently open search process should be prepared to comply with this requirement. To learn more visit our Matadors Forward site: https://www.csun.edu/matadors-forward/faculty-and-staff-fall-guidelines
Equal Employment Opportunity
CSUN is an Equal Opportunity Employer and prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, religion, national origin, age, gender, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, genetic information, medical condition, marital status, veteran status, and disability. Our nondiscrimination policy is set forth in CSU Executive Order 1096. Reasonable accommodations will be provided for applicants with disabilities who self-disclose by contacting Recruitment Services at 818-677-2101.
Advertised: Pacific Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend