- Understand social science theories and prior empirical work on cultural norms and values, along with cultural communication styles (verbal and nonverbal). Literature review in the field is required.
- Development of a valid a reliable coding mechanism for communication norm categorization.
- Knowledge and application of communication coding via Noldus software and application of the software to coding verbal and nonverbal communication of cross-cultural interactions
- Knowledge and application of statistical tools (e.g. SPSS, R, SEM) for communication and behavioral analyses. Needed for both quantitative and qualitative analyses (e.g., Grounded Theory, Content Analysis)
- Knowledge and application of research methods to conduct online and potentially in-person data collection.
- Paper write-up for journal publications and conference presentation
- PhD degree in cultural psychology and communication.
- Applicants should be proficient in mixed research methods (e.g., online and in-person data collection, experiments), and quantitative statistical analyses (e.g., SPSS. SEM. R) and qualitative analyses (e.g., Grounded Theory, Content Analysis, Communication coding).
- Recommended for the applicants to have a background in cultural and communication theories.
- Excellent publication record as well as strong writing and verbal communication
Pay, Benefits, & Work Schedule
This position is employed through The University Corporation (TUC).
The anticipated hiring range: $62,400 per year
THE SELECTED CANDIDATE IS REQUIRED TO PASS A THOROUGH DEPARTMENT (BACKGROUND INVESTIGATION AND LIVE SCAN).
Per CSUN/TUC Mandate, candidate will be required to show proof of COVID 19 vaccination including booster.
How to Apply
Please complete the online application/resume upload submission process in order to be considered for any open position within the university and its auxiliaries. The hiring department will contact the best-qualified candidates and invite them to participate in the interview process.
Application Screening begins July 12th, 2022, and will continue until the position is filled.
In order to be considered in the initial review, applications must be submitted prior to the date listed above.
Application submissions received after the application screening date will be reviewed at the discretion of the University.
For more detailed information on the application and hiring process, please view the link below:
Equal Employment Opportunity
The University Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer and prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, religion, national origin, age, gender, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, genetic information, medical condition, marital status, veteran status, and disability. Applicants who wish to request an accommodation for a disability may contact the Office of Equity and Diversity at (818) 677-2077.