Soraya Stage Technician Pool (Continuous)
Job no: 516724
Work type: Staff
Categories: Unit 9 - CSUEU - Technical Support Services, Temporary, Part Time, Theatre Arts
CSUN strives to be a destination workplace, where everyone understands that they belong to a community that is vital in advancing student success and providing exemplary service to all stakeholders. We foster an environment of success, both for our students and our employees. We have a relentless passion for celebrating diversity, equity, and inclusion as well as being an employer of choice. You will also have the opportunity to realize your own personal goals and be recognized for the work you do, and enjoy the unique value the CSUN community can offer. If this sounds like you, you’ve come to the right place. Learn more: https://www.csun.edu/about-csun.
Under general supervision of the Technical Director and Assistant Technical Directors, the Soraya Stage Technician works events and performances at The Soraya and Plaza Del Sol on an as-needed basis. The incumbent works to maintain the integrity, condition, and value of the facilities as a world-class performing arts center for the campus and larger community.
- Fulfills various tasks within the technical production department, including but not limited to – audio, electrics, carpentry, properties, and wardrobe.
- Assists with load in, rehearsal/performance, and load out for a variety of events, including music, dance theater, guest speakers, and film screenings. Interacts with visiting production staff, licensee clients and university events staff in the execution of events.
- Works to maintain a safe work environment for staff and clients and assists in the maintenance of stage equipment and systems. Ensures a positive experience for all artists, faculty, students, staff, and community.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
*NOTE: To view the full position description including all of the required qualifications copy and paste this link into your browser: https://bit.ly/3vqCf9L
- Equivalent to one to two years of experience working for a theater, repertory, or stock company with emphasis in one or more of the production areas of audio, electrics, carpentry, properties, and wardrobe or others.
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
- Knowledge of theatre etiquette, standards, and protocol. General knowledge of methods and techniques related to theatre facilities; principles and techniques of design and production; and safety requirements and standards related to the core production areas of audio, electrics, carpentry, and stage rigging.
- Knowledge of technical theatre and operating theatre technical systems that includes an exposure to audio, lighting, deck setup, and fly rail operation.
- Have good customer service and public relations skills, with the ability to work under pressure of deadlines and with a wide variety of personalities in the execution of events.
- Ability to: work with minimum supervision and as part of a team under general supervision; establish and maintain effective working relationships with others. Must be outgoing and enjoy working with people.
- Ability to lift and handle equipment weighing up to 65 lbs. and be comfortable working at heights above six feet.
Pay, Benefits, & Work Schedule
- Classification: 0840 / Performing Arts Tech
- The anticipated HIRING RANGE: $19.90 -$26.00 / hr., dependent upon qualifications and experience. The salary range for this classification is: $19.90 -$36.02 per hour.
- HOURS: Intermittent, on-call; hours and schedule vary.
- TEMP: Temporary-renewable, end date to be determined.
- Applications are currently being accepted to establish a Stage Technician POOL. Applications for these on-call positions will be accepted on a continuing basis through June 30, 2023 or until an adequate amount of applications have been received.
- A background check (including a criminal records check) must be completed satisfactorily. Failure to satisfactorily complete the background check may affect the application status of applicants or continued employment of current CSU employees who apply for the position.
- The person holding this position may be considered a 'mandated reporter' under the California Child Abuse and Neglect Reporting Act and is required to comply with the requirements set forth in CSU Executive Order 1083 as a condition of employment.
- In accordance with the California State University (CSU) Out-of-State Employment Policy, the CSU is a state entity whose business operations reside within the State of California and prohibits hiring employees to perform CSU-related work outside of California.
- Candidates should apply by completing the CSUN on-line application. To submit an application and for more detailed information on the application and hiring process, please visit this link: www.csun.edu/careers
Equal Employment Opportunity
CSUN is an Equal Opportunity Employer and prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, religion, national origin, age, gender, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, genetic information, medical condition, marital status, veteran status, and disability. Our nondiscrimination policy is set forth in CSU Executive Order 1096. Reasonable accommodations will be provided for applicants with disabilities who self-disclose by contacting Recruitment Services at 818-677-2101.
Advertised: Pacific Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend