Radiologic Technologist I (Pool)
Job no: 531903
Work type: Staff
Categories: Unit 2 - CSUEU - Health Care Support, Administrative, Compliance/Legal, Health Professionals, Temporary, Part Time, Information Systems & Technology, Marketing/Communications, Research, On-site (work in-person at business location)
CSUN strives to be a destination workplace, where everyone understands that they belong to a community that is vital in advancing student success and providing exemplary service to all stakeholders. We foster an environment of success, both for our students and our employees. We have a relentless passion for celebrating diversity, equity, and inclusion as well as being an employer of choice. You will also have the opportunity to realize your own personal goals and be recognized for the work you do, and enjoy the unique value the CSUN community can offer. If this sounds like you, you’ve come to the right place. Learn more: https://www.csun.edu/about-csun.
Under general supervision, the Radiologic Technologist prepares patients before taking radiographs. The incumbent processes the radiology orders in Point and Click, takes the ordered X-rays via CR equipment, electronically submits the filed/stored images to the consulting Radiologist for evaluation, and processes the Radiology reports for inclusion in the EHR.
- Operates diagnostic X-ray equipment, such as the General Electric DDX 250II, to provide radiographic images of diagnostic quality to the consulting radiologist as ordered by the patient's attending physician.
- Takes X-rays which includes positioning, obtaining cooperation for the requested procedure, and reassuring the patient.
- Prepares duplicate X-ray images for release to the patient's personal off-campus physician as needed.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Possession of a high school diploma or equivalent; Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Must possess and maintain a Certificate of Radiologic Technology as a certified radiologic technologist issued by the Radiologic Health Branch of the California Department of Health Services.
- Must also possess a license issued by the American Registry of Radiological Technologists.
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
- Thorough knowledge of CR X-ray equipment and techniques; regional and gross anatomy of the human body; standardized radiological clinical procedures; and hazards of radiologic materials and the safety precautions required; industry standards and ethics pertaining to radiologic technology; and federal and state laws and regulations pertaining to radiography.
- Ability and Specialized Skills to: perform general diagnostic radiographic procedures and effectively assess the quality of images taken; operate applicable diagnostic equipment including X-ray and digital imaging equipment; produce quality radiographs and images using applicable systems to manipulate and enhance images.
- Performs simple maintenance on applicable equipment; effectively use computerized systems associated with producing and manipulating digital images; maintain records and use applicable computerized systems; and recognize patient emergencies and alert practitioners.
- Ability to file X-ray images correctly; compile reports; read and write at a level required for successful job performance and follow oral and written directions; maintain patient confidentiality in compliance with applicable federal and state laws and regulations; and maintain effective working relationships with practitioners and other health center support staff; and be sensitive to and communicate effectively with diverse patients.
Pay, Benefits, & Work Schedule
- The anticipated HIRING RANGE: $23.22 - $35.00 per hour, dependent upon qualifications and experience. The salary range for this classification is: $23.22 - $90.79 per hour.
- HOURS: Intermittent, on-call; hours and schedule vary.
- TEMP: This is a Temporary-renewable position; end date: June 30, 2024.
- The Student Health Center is accredited by the Accreditation Association for Ambulatory Health Care, Inc. and as such, will recommend certain vaccinations or screenings free of charge for the successful candidate.
- Applications are currently being accepted to establish a per Diem Non-Exempt Healthcare Pool. Applications for these on-call positions will be accepted on a continuing basis through June 30, 2024 or until an adequate amount of applications have been received.
- A background check (including a criminal records check) must be completed satisfactorily. Failure to satisfactorily complete the background check may affect the application status of applicants or continued employment of current CSU employees who apply for the position.
- The selected candidate must pass a fingerprint clearance (LiveScan).
- The person holding this position may be considered a 'mandated reporter' under the California Child Abuse and Neglect Reporting Act and is required to comply with the requirements set forth in CSU Executive Order 1083 as a condition of employment.
- In accordance with the California State University (CSU) Out-of-State Employment Policy, the CSU is a state entity whose business operations reside within the State of California and prohibits hiring employees to perform CSU-related work outside of California.
- Candidates should apply by completing the CSUN on-line application. To submit an application and for more detailed information on the application and hiring process, please visit this link: www.csun.edu/careers
- The CSU recommends that faculty, staff, and students who are accessing campus facilities at any university location be immunized against SARS-CoV-2, the virus that causes COVID-19, and that all individuals who access any in-person program or activity (on- or off-campus) operated or controlled by the University follow COVID-19 vaccine recommendations adopted by the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and the California Department of Public Health (CDPH) applicable to their age, medical condition, and other relevant indications and comply with other safety measures established by each campus.
Equal Employment Opportunity
CSUN is an Equal Opportunity Employer and prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, national origin, age, gender, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, genetic information, medical condition, marital status, covered military and veteran status, and disability. Reasonable accommodations will be provided for applicants with disabilities who self-disclose by contacting Recruitment Services at 818-677-2101.
Advertised: Pacific Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend