Product Designer (UX/UI) - Boston, MA
Job no: 512204
Work type: Full time
Location: Massachusetts, Virtual
Categories: Marketing, Web, Creative & UX
Product Designer (UX/UI)
StudentUniverse, is a Boston-based travel tech company that operates the world's largest student and youth online travel marketplace.
StudentUniverse’s parent company, Flight Centre Travel Group is based in Brisbane, Australia and is one of the world’s largest travel agency groups with company owned operations in 23 countries and a corporate travel management network that spans more than 90 countries.
Our product & vision
StudentUniverse was born out of the desire to empower students and youth to travel more by accessing uniquely priced airfares, without the hassle of physical ID cards. We are believers in travel experiences; that they can teach students things they cannot learn in the classroom. Travel better prepares young people to influence the world. We empower students and youth to travel more. We need your help to get us there!
Who we are looking for
We are seeking a highly creative Product Designer (UX/UI) to help us build the greatest, most intuitive user experience possible.
As a part of the Product Management team, you will be an integral part of every stage of the product development process. Leading the UX and UI design throughout, you will be involved in the product strategy from discovery to delivery to iteration, while continuously collaborating with product managers and engineers to define the optimal experience.
Sound like a good fit for you?
What’s in it for you:
- You get to work in a dynamic environment full of super passionate and talented people where capabilities are enabled quickly at scale across the globe for travelers
- You will grow and further develop your competencies working in a team-oriented results-driven environment where learning and collaboration is celebrated
- We value and encourage autonomy for everyone, allowing you to make your own decisions and learn from the data. The success of the team is dependent upon the success of the individual.
- Be an integral part of the product management team and work closely with product managers to define the product roadmap and design new product features
- Build an understanding of StudentUniverse’s product architecture and distill it into intuitive interfaces and workflows that work cross-platform
- Create wireframes, prototypes, user flows, visual designs and other artifacts to support product development and enhancements
- Communicate clearly and present the UX experience to stakeholders and team members outlining the customer problem, vision, rationale, constraints and assumptions
- Work closely with software engineers to ensure design specifications are implemented to a high quality standard
- Quickly iterate on design solutions and ideas based on feedback from peers, user research, and data learnings
- Enforce and adhere design standards including UI style guides, visual strategies, brand standards, and color palettes for a variety of initiatives across the team, such as support portals and email and web marketing
- Collaborate with the customer success and account management teams to analyze user feedback and identify user experience improvements
- Opportunity to build and manage a talented and creative team of product designers to deliver on projects and objectives with our product teams
The Ideal Candidate:
- 3+ years experience in a Product Designer or UX/UI Designer role with proven track-record of success
- Experience with Figma, Adobe XD, Zeplin (or similar)
- Experience with prototyping software such as InVision, ProtoPie or similar
- Experience working in an agile environment alongside Product Managers and Engineers
- Ability to quickly grasp complex technical concepts and make them easily understandable in text and pictures
- Deep understanding of responsive design techniques for desktop, tablets & mobile
- Experience conducting A/B testing, usability surveys/interviews and interpreting insights from end-user feedback
- B2C experience in e-commerce
- Ability to create and maintain a front-end component library
- Good time-management skills
- Self-driven and eager to learn
As a travel company, we embrace being global and would love to hear from anyone who wants to work from any one of our offices in Boston, Waltham, Toronto or London
- Generous remuneration structure
- Travel perks/discounts, in-house financial and health services
- Generous paid-time off policy
- National/International Award Nights and Conferences
- Diversity & Inclusion initiatives
- Benefits including vision, medical, and dental
- Employee Assistance Program
- Contributory 401K program
- Company Share purchase scheme
- Global career opportunities in a network of brands and businesses
- Ongoing training and professional development
- Fun and flexible work environment
- Proud Corporate Social Responsibility platform through the Flight Centre Foundation and Brighter Futures program supporting nominated charities through Workplace Giving, Volunteering and Fundraising.
- Employee giving program
- Annual Charity Trip
- Office Environmental Program
- 1 Volunteer Day per Calendar Year
Any offer of employment in the USA that would require you to attend an office location or company event is contingent upon providing proof of Covid-19 vaccination prior to your start date, subject to approved medical and/or religious exemptions, in accordance with applicable law.
If this sounds like the opportunity you have been waiting for and you would like to be part of our award winning culture then APPLY NOW.
Travel is booming once again, and our roles are being filled quicker than a nonstop from London to New York. We thank all candidates for their interest; however, only those selected to continue in the process will be contacted.
FCTG USA is an affirmative action-equal opportunity employer searching for talented people who have a desire to build a rewarding, fun, and exciting career with a company that loves to celebrate your success! Please contact email@example.com if you need any assistance.
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend