Symal Infrastructure (formerly Civilex) is the Symal Group’s infrastructure division. As a self-performing contractor, our reputation for delivering quality infrastructure outcomes, across diverse sectors, lays the foundation for success.
Safety is at the forefront of everything we do, our mantra is 'safe today to enjoy tomorrow' we're looking for a coordinator who is passionate about all thinks HSEQ in the workplace and is capable of driving our postive safety culture across our business.
The objective of a HSEQ Coordinator is to:
- Contribute to the implementation and maintenance of the Company’s HSEQ management system for all construction activities undertaken
- Be a key educating resource for employees on both industry best practice and legislative compliance requirements.
Develop, maintain, and implement Symal Infrastructure HSEQ systems:
- Research / maintain knowledge of current HSEQ legislation, industry standards, and best practice
- Contribute to the maintenance of and promote best practice systems tailored specifically for the business to ensure Symal Infrastructure meets or exceeds its legislative requirements
- Adhere to and educate employees on all relevant policies and processes endorsed under the Symal Infrastructure integrated management system
- Support the implementation of the Symal Infrastructure integrated project management plan and associated proforma
- Conduct regular site inspections and HSEQ audits (minimum 4 audits per month) of project sites to ensure projects are meeting Symal Infrastructure and legislative standards
- Possess a visible and felt presence in the field engaging all employees and subcontractors to ensure activities are performed safely and offer support where required
- Support close out of audit actions with the project team including any necessary corrective actions plans
- Distribute project audit schedule and manage project teams to conduct their monthly audits
- Collect data required for the monthly report delivered to the Construction Manager, executive leadership team and the Board on HSEQ performance including the Board report and the construction safety report
Incident management: Manage HSEQ incident response and investigations across the Company to ensure the best care to all employees and interested parties. Protect the interests of Symal Infrastructure and share lessons learnt.
- Contribute to Incident Cause Analysis Method incident investigations for all incidents classified as reportable or that fall into the following categories: C1, PC1, C2, PC2, or as required by the Manager
- Establish root cause controls and suitable preventative measures based on the hierarchy of control
- Assist and advise project teams to manage and report on incident investigations that fall into the following categories: C3, PC3, C4, and C5
- Action injury response and management efficiently and compassionately to ensure the best possible outcome
- In conjunction with HSEQ Manager and under the direction of the Return to Work Manager Coordinators, support the return to work process for injured workers
- Create and distribute flash reports for all C1, PC1, C2, and PC2 incidents as instructed
- Create and distribute relevant information from the industry that is applicable to Symal Infrastructure works
Stakeholder relationship: Proactively build strong client relationships that position Symal Infrastructure for repeat work. Create a direct line to the Client’s HSEQ team(s) to provide support / assistance / assurance if site issues arise.
- Engage with the Client’s HSEQ representatives as required and occasionally, on an informal basis
- Engage with stakeholder groups as required
- Attend client meetings regarding HSEQ including but not limited to client forums, safety audits, risk workshops, pre-commencement meetings, and incident investigations
- Engage or request attendance for the Client’s HSEQ representatives to be involved in Symal Infrastructure safety audits, risk workshops, pre-commencement meetings, and incident investigations
Training, management, and leadership: It is a key requirement of a HSEQ Coordinator to support the development of Symal Infrastructure employees and / or subcontractors and hold them accountable to meet their requirements.
- Support and mentor construction team members to positively influence their role development, values, and behaviours
- Educate employees and subcontractors on Symal Infrastructure HSEQ systems and associated topics
- Champion compliance management systems such as Hammertech, RIW, and 3Dsafety to provide the required support / education to construction team members
- Follow up and ensure all training and development agreed in performance reviews is undertaken by the HSEQ Coordinator
- In conjunction with senior management, undertake performance management processes with staff not meeting these requirements
To be successful in this role, you must have;
- Certificate IV in WHS (External) or equivalent
- Approximately 2-3 years relevant construction experience
- White Card
- Rail Industry Worker Card
- Level 2 First Aid
- Excellent stakeholder management skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Impeccable time management skills
- Ablity to communicate and develop rapport with a diverse range of employees across the business
If you meet the above skills/experience and you're exceptionally organised, thorough and enjoy working as part of a dedicated team that strives to improve safety efficiencies, please apply now!
Women, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander and other minority groups are encouraged to apply.