To build quality construction projects while strengthening Aboriginal participation, engagement and employment outcomes now and in the future.
We are an Aboriginal owned and operated Victorian-based civil contractor, aligning with construction company Symal Group to learn from and utilise the company’s diverse resources to deliver quality project outcomes in any construction environment.
The objective of a Senior Project Engineer is to manage and coordinate projects efficiently, safely and profitable and assist in the pre-contract preparation and tender submissions to secure future works.
Manage the program of all projects under their supervision inclusive of the planning to deliver and resource the project as well as the management of the contractual program.
Maximise the profitability of projects and ensure projects are delivered in accordance with contract requirements
Build strong client relationships that position Wamarra for repeat work
Manage site safety and environmental compliance on the project
Overall management of the Quality Assurance across the project to ensure a high-quality project is delivered with minimal reworks
Management and Leadership:
It is a key requirement of a Senior Project Engineer to develop the Wamarra project team around them and hold them accountable to meet their requirements
Additionally, the incumbent will play an active role in tender preparation and submissions and following through to delivery
some of the tasks required are: (but not limited to)
- Review tender documents
- Manage quantity take-off process and prepare bill of quantities as required
- Manage request for quotation process from suppliers and subcontractors
- Manage client interface
- preparation of detailed estimate within expert estimation, detailed staging / traffic management plans and methodology
- Identify risk and opportunity and innovative solutions to tenders
- Attend and present at tender interviews and undertake post-tender negotiations with clients
- Set up of project budget documentation for the commencement of projects
To be successful in this role, you must have;
- Bachelor in civil engineering or equivalent
- A minimum 5 years of relevant construction experience
- Demonstrated pre-contracts / estimating experience
- Have a sound understanding of relevant legislation including EBA's and Awards
- Understanding of typical construction specifications used in the Victorian Construction industry
- Knowledge of expert Estimation
- Experience estimating projects in excess of $5 million dollars
- Ability to build strong subcontractor / client relationships
- Strong commercial acumen
- Excellent negotiation and communication skills
The desired candidate would need to demonstrate a strong social conscience with a passion and commitment to contributing to the social benefit of the business.
If this sounds like you, apply now!
This position is open to all candidates however, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are strongly encouraged to apply.
Building. Better. Together