Bridge and Civil:
NSW Based civil construction company, Bridge and Civil a falls under the Symal Group Banner and are known in the industry for their credible track record in the construction industry as a trusted contractor undertaking a range of road and rail projects.
Bridge and Civil work cohesively with the NSW Symal Infrastructure team to diversify their skillset and offerings to clients and share resources to reach desired project outcomes.
The objective of a Graduate Site Engineer is to manage and coordinate projects efficiently, safely, and profitably using the Bridge and Civil integrated management system, and perform contract administration.
Responsibilities of the role include:
Program management: assist in managing all areas of the program under your control to ensure project delivery.
- Assist in producing and monitor a three week look ahead target program ensuring:
- Program is to be reported to the Project Manager to ensure it ties in with the contractual program
- Program is to be updated weekly
- Where dictated by the Project Manager, undertake productivity tracking on critical activities
- Maintain the procurement program so that no procurement items cause delay in the program
- Monitor and assist the Project Manager / Senior Project Engineer in meeting project dates and milestones.
Commercial: maximise profitability of projects and ensure projects are delivered in accordance with contract requirements.
- Deliver all procurement in accordance with the Bridge and Civil procurement procedure
- Assist the Project Manager / Senior Project Engineer in preparing agreed project variations
- Ensure key productivity driven tasks are identified / monitored and tracked to ensure maximum efficiency
- Assist the Project Manager / Senior Project Engineer in ensuring all progress claims are submitted in accordance with Bridge and Civil and contract requirements
- Complete purchase orders and subcontracts and process in line with Bridge and Civil procedures
- Manage certifications in preparation for the following months claim.
Client relationship: Assist in building strong client relationships that position Bridge and Civil for repeat work.
- Ensure the Client’s expectations are met in regard to the level of Site Engineer supervision required for the project
- Meet the Client’s expectations regarding their systems, processes, and reporting
- Attend all site meetings and take minutes
- Ensure you are in attendance when critical activities are occurring
- Build the relationship with client superintendents through the quality process. Submit all work within set time frame.
OHS&E: manage site safety and environmental compliance on the project.
- Deliver projects safely in accordance with the Client’s systems and the Bridge and Civil safety program
- Demonstrate leadership in safety by being actively involved in:
- Toolboxes and prestart
- Safe work method statement development
- Managing high risk works
- Conducting safety audits onsite at least monthly
- Conducting safety walks at least weekly
- Meet all internal and external safety reporting requirement
- Vett, audit, and enforce subcontractor’s safety performance
- Develop and implement the initial project management plan
- Manage the project specific risk register in consultation with the construction team to ensure it is project specific and up to date
- Assist in the development of administrative controls including but not limited to safe work method statement and work method statement
Quality: Overall management of quality assurance across the project to ensure a high-quality project is delivered with minimal reworks.
- Maintain all quality assurance inspection and test plans and testing documentation as per the contract requirements including ensuring all specification hold points are met and documented
- Ensure work method statements are written and followed to control all high risk items
- Capture all non-conformance reports including rework costs and ensure systems are put in place to prevent reoccurrence
- Carry out inspection and test plan process on all projects
- Track all non-conformance reports
To be successful in this role, you must have;
- Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering or equivalent
- Excellent stakeholder management and communication skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to work in fast-paced environments
- Driven, motivated and eager to learn
This an exciting opportunity for a Graduate to join our Ignite Graduate Program, if you're due to graduate by the end of 2020 and you're ready to kick start your civil engineering career, please apply now!
Women, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander and other minority groups are encouraged to apply.