Grampians Excavations Pty Ltd is a well established Stawell based company with over 22 years experience in the civil construction industry, providing general earthworks and services to a wide variety of customers. Grampians undertakes project works across Victoria with an office in Stawell and Spotswood, Melbourne.
The objective of the Pre-Contracts Engineer is to assist in the pre-contract and tendering process with the ability to continue through to delivery. The successful incumbent with have a breadth of experience understanding commercial, contractual, quality and (HSEQ) Safety requirements of project delivery.
Responsibilities of the role include
Tender preparation and submission:
- Review complete tender documents provided.
- Quantity take-off and prepare bill of quantities as required.
- Attend all required site inspections during the tender process.
- Request for quotation from suppliers and subcontractors and provide detailed scopes to suppliers and subcontractors to ensure accurate quotes are provided.
- Request for information to clarify tender uncertainties.
- Seek best value delivery methodology to gain competitive advantage over competitors.
- Prepare detailed estimate within grampians estimating systems.
- Prepare detailed staging / traffic management plans.
- Prepare detailed construction methodology.
- Identify all known or assumed risks and opportunities including but not limited to risks associated with scope, documentation, specification, safety, program, quality, environmental, material conformance, community, and stakeholders.
- Identify and provide innovative solutions to tenders.
Post tender duties:
- Attend or communicate post tender negotiation with the Client.
- Attend pretender interview meeting as required and brief all Grampians interview attendees
- Prepare, attend, and present at tender interviews.
- Fill out project summary sheet / project start up forms.
- File tender document as per the Grampians Systems.
- Respond to post tender clarifications as required.
- Program Management: Manage the program of all projects under your supervision, inclusive of the planning to deliver and resource the project, as well as the management of the contractual program.
- Commercial: Maximise profitability of projects and ensure projects are delivered in accordance with contract requirements.
- Client Relationship: Build strong client relationships that position Symal Infrastructure for repeat work.
- OHS&E: Manage site safety and environmental compliance on the projectQuality: Overall management of quality assurance across the project to ensure a high-quality project is delivered with minimal reworks.
- Management & Leadership: Develop, mentor and manage your infrastructure project engineering team and hold them accountable to meet their responsibilities
To be successful in this role, you must have;
- Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering or equivalent
- 5+ years relevant civil construction & Pre-contracts experience
- Have a sound understanding of relevant legislation including EBA’s and Awards
- Have a sound understanding of typical forms of contract used in construction including but not limited to AS2124, AS4000, PC 1-1998, and VicRoads standard form of contract
- Have a sound understanding of typical construction specifications used in the Victorian construction industry including but not limited to VicRoads specification
- Knowledge of Expert Estimation preferred but not essential
- Knowledge of Jobpac preferred but not essential.
- Excellent stakeholder management experience
If you can demonstrate your ability to undertake the above responsibilities we want to hear from you!
Women, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander and other minority groups are encouraged to apply.