Grampians Excavations Pty Ltd is a well established Stawell based company with over 22 years experience in the civil construction industry, providing general earthworks and services to a wide variety of customers. Grampians undertakes project works across Victoria with an office in Stawell and Spotswood, Melbourne.
The objective of a Site Engineer is to manage and coordinate projects efficiently, safely, and profitably using the Grampians Excavations management system, and perform contract administration.
Responsibilities of the role include:
Program management: manage all areas of the program under your control to ensure project delivery.
- Produce and monitor a three week look ahead target program ensuring:
- Program is to be resourced with all plant and materials necessary to deliver the works
- Program is to be signed off from the Site Supervisor
- Program is to be reported to the Project Manager to ensure it ties in with the contractual program
- Program is to be updated weekly
- Where dictated by the Project Manager, undertake productivity tracking on critical activities
- Maintain the procurement program so that no procurement items cause delay in the program
- Ensure programs are set out to the Grampians standard
Commercial: maximise profitability of projects and ensure projects are delivered in accordance with contract requirements.
- Deliver all procurement in accordance with the Grampians procurement procedure
- Assist the Project Manager / Senior Project Engineer in preparing agreed project variations
- Ensure key productivity driven tasks are identified / monitored and tracked to ensure maximum efficiency
- Assist the Project Manager / Senior Project Engineer in ensuring all progress claims are submitted in accordance with Grampians contract requirements
- Complete purchase orders and subcontracts and process in line with Grampians procedure
Client relationship: Assist in building strong client relationships that position Grampians for repeat work
- Ensure the Client’s expectations are met in regard to the level of Site Engineer supervision required for the project
- Meet the Client’s expectations regarding their systems, processes, and reporting
- Attend all site meetings and take minutes
- Ensure you are in attendance when critical activities are occurring
- Build the relationship with client superintendents through the quality process. Submit all work within set time frame.
OHS&E: Manage site safety and environmental compliance on the project.
- Deliver projects safely in accordance with the Client’s systems and the Grampains safety program
- Demonstrate leadership in safety by being actively involved in:
- Toolboxes and prestart
- Safe work method statement development
- Managing high risk works
- Conducting safety audits onsite at least monthly
- Conducting safety walks at least weekly
- Identify high risk activities and work with OH&S Managers to develop detailed work method statements to control the risk in line with the Grampians safety program
- Meet all internal and external safety reporting requirement
- Vet, audit, and enforce subcontractor’s safety performance
Quality: Overall management of quality assurance across the project to ensure a high-quality project is delivered with minimal reworks.
- Maintain all quality assurance inspection and test plans and testing documentation as per the contract requirements including ensuring all specification hold points are met and documented
- Ensure work method statements are written and followed to control all high risk items
- Capture all non-conformance reports including rework costs and ensure systems are put in place to prevent reoccurrence
- Carry out inspection and test plan process on all projects
- Track all non-conformance reports
- Undertake dilapidation surveys on all projects prior to acceptance of site
To be successful in this role, you must have;
- Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering or equivalent
- Approximately 2-3 years relevant construction experience
- Have a sound understanding of typical construction specifications used in the Victorian construction industry
- Excellent stakeholder management skills
- Attention to detail and strong time management skills
- Demonstrated experience delivering civil projects